Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought another motorcycle, Yamaha Super Tenere, with a 6 speed transmission. We KLRistas always are looking for 6th gear well... as a STistas I find myself looking for 7th gear. End result we will always be looking for the fantasy of the next gear.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats! I gotta ask... How do you like the ST? :D
Thanks for asking. Very nice motorcycle. Very expensive too. The powerband is huge and surprisingly it was easy to adjust to since its red line is 7750. Very much like the KLR. I find myself riding less RPM than I would on the KLR. I am trying to get comfortable before I do other mods.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:icon_worthless:
What a 6 speed transmission or the Tenere? My Super Tenere is Impact Blue and they all look alike :t1204: Maybe I will take some pictures with one of them being the 6 speed linkage.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
What a 6 speed transmission or the Tenere? My Super Tenere is Impact Blue and they all look alike :t1204: Maybe I will take some pictures with one of them being the 6 speed linkage.
Aww... Come on Tim.. We wanna see that bad motor scooter!!:) You've managed to wrangle a bike that's darned near (at least currently) Unobtanium!!

Professional photos from the factory are one thing, but REAL photos by a REAL owner are what we'd love to see!! Show that sucker off!!! :)

And I'll have something to show off here in a couple weeks, too..

:character00271:

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aww... Come on Tim.. We wanna see that bad motor scooter!!:) You've managed to wrangle a bike that's darned near (at least currently) Unobtanium!!

Professional photos from the factory are one thing, but REAL photos by a REAL owner are what we'd love to see!! Show that sucker off!!! :)

And I'll have something to show off here in a couple weeks, too..

:character00271:
I will take some photos on my next outing.

PCP Motorsports has two Raven Super Tenere's on their floor. One with luggage and one without. I am surprised they have not sold. Its a fun motorcycle and you don't have to oil the chain or carry a spare tube. Found an excellent FI map now need to be able to apply it to the North American models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts