Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer said be sure and come ine for the $600 mike service, I called the service desk at 500 miles and foudn out a 600 mile service was changing the oil and adjusting the chain --$160 bucks1 Was there stuff he didn't mention? Is this a warrently requiement? I've serviced my own bikes (off roads bikes with no warrenty to worry aobut) since I was a kid. I am safe warranty wise changing my own oil?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Nope that is all you get!! Kinda sucks huh? I did my own service and each and everyone after that, including checking my valves. As long as you document with reciepts and mileage and keep records, Kawasaki still has to honor your warranty if anything happens. Send me an email addy and I will send you a Word document that has the maintenance log already built in, you just type out your info. Some of mine is on there as an example. Just follow suit and you are good to go. Buy a binder with sleeves to keep your reciepts in and dated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
There are a lot of KLR people in California, I'm sure you could get some help checking your valves if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts