Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 model KLR clocked 6000km recently. I have fitted metal side boxes and top box (Hepco & Becker) and other loads on a few days ride along the main range of Malaysia peninsular. On wet road, the stock tires were sliding away through corners. Also at 140 kph while negotiating corners, the front shock absorbers wobbles and I had to hold the handle firm and reduce speed to stable the bike. Anyone there experience the same?
So far, I tend to like the bike although I think abit of more power would be great. I know it is just 650c.c and dont expect to match bigger dual-purposes. On any highway cruising at between 110 -120 kph on full load is about the best speed for the bike. With full tank the bike range to 375 km before reserve tank takes over (maybe another 30 km, never tried yet). In summary, great bike and very bright head light.

Ride safe

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
11000km KLR 2008 Review

After previous KLR recalled (fix wire harness and Exhaust parts), I have changed the stock rear tire, almost 90% worn. So you can imagined with full loads (both side panniers and top box) the Dunlop stock tire last only about 11000km done mostly on-road riding. Though the front tire is about 70% worn and still useable I decided to change regardless. Checking all nuts and bolts regularly seem necessary to avoid problems. Other than the routine lub oil changed, I have done nothing but keep on riding. Have not done the doohickey yet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts