Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Yes, but it needs to be clearanced to fit. I had to increase the inside diameter on the one I got from Schnitz several years ago a couple of millimeters. I used my Dremel with a little grinder wheel on it.

I think if you get an Eagle Mike kit, you get a stock Kawasaki head gasket that has been pre-clearanced.

That information should be on their web sites. Make sure you get a Kawasaki gasket - not an off brand.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, but it needs to be clearanced to fit. I had to increase the inside diameter on the one I got from Schnitz several years ago a couple of millimeters. I used my Dremel with a little grinder wheel on it.

I think if you get an Eagle Mike kit, you get a stock Kawasaki head gasket that has been pre-clearanced.

That information should be on their web sites. Make sure you get a Kawasaki gasket - not an off brand.

Cheers GoMotor thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Cheers GoMotor thanks

·
Registered
100 Posts
another 685 question,
if doing the 685 on my 2008 to only get rid of oil loss do I need to do the the head?

thinking of doing it if I can just do the cylinder and piston swap.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
No need to touch the head other than to removal and replacement. It seems smart to clean it up and check the condition of the valves and clearances while you have the head off. I decided to install new stainless steel valves while the head was off at 40K miles and now have 105K miles on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts