Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

900 miles in 35-45 mph cross wind suck on a KLR

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  sledhead 
#1 ·
I just got back from the Blackhills and the day we left we has strong cross winds approx 35 mph and it got worse as the day went the wind went close to 50 mph (according to the news) we road the hills for a few days and on the trip home we had the same type of wind for the return trip ...... the KLR is not a joy to ride in the wind when loaded with camping gear and a 6' 3" rider .... loved it in the hills touring through the twisty roads :)

#4 ·
Have you replaced the front fender/sail. If not, that makes a HUGE difference and costs nothing if you sell your old fender.

#6 ·
You can look at this and see what I did. Some say that there is water spray problems with this fender. I've never noticed a problem. There are other fenders too, though. The stock one is just WAY too big. I ride over the GG bridge and on the coast in MAD wind on a regular basis. This is the cheapest and smartest mod I've done probably. You can take the hand guards off, too.

http://www.klrforum.com/showthread.php?t=5847

#8 ·
No problem. Of all the mods I've done, I think the fender was the best bang for buck. I don't know what Kawi was thinking with those giant things.

Let us know what u think once you get er on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.