Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the 93 running after it sat for three years. Bottom end is slappen like an ape beaten his chest!! Sounds real bad. So the questions are for those of you who has rebuilt their motors. It sounds like the bottom end has gone. How hard would you rate the work for someone who has only ever rebuilt cars and two stroke bikes and what are the costs involved? What special tools are needed to do the job?jAny advise would be a great help. Breck

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
Breck,
Ya may get lucky if it's the balancer (doo) chain slapping the case, cam chain,
or just one or two doodads outta whack, like badly out of spec valves or the
afore mentioned chains.

Then again it may need a full rebuild. I haven't priced and cannot answer the burning question.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hy Breck, I just figured out where all that fuel was coming from!!

We actually fixed the float sticking open problem. The airbox filling up with gas that quick? It was coming up from the crankcase breather. When the float stuck open it filled the crankcase, duh. Check the oil and it'll be overfilled with gas.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would explain the thin black oil that I drained the first time as well. Remember I said that it was way over full when we drained it. Also Mike says that we put over a gallon of fuel in it on the friday. It was Saturday eve when I capped the line. The tank is almost empty now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts