Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Now that is some fine riding.

The slow rider must have rode some trials in his time. The way they stop and then cant the front wheel to balance is an old practice. The guy through the pylons made me dizzy just watching, must have taken some real concentration.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Amazing skills !!! I'd never seen the first vid before.

I can occasionally come to a complete stop without putting my feet down and ride off again but what with the KLR's high CG and my....err, umm....low CG it's difficult.

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
It must be a lack of interest thing. Every time I try to ride my KLR that slowly it loses interest and falls asleep!!:HappyRoll:

Regards....justjeff

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Hi Stew!
That was on a test ride early in the spring. I was going to go for an hour to test the front suspension. That hole is 2feet deep soft clay bottom and right across the trail. It is one of many. I was able to get through by standing in the hole (knee deep) and slowly letting the bike crawl along right next to the trees. When the saddle bag cleared the last tree on the right there was nothing left holding the bike up so it went to sleep!
I eventually had to leave the main trail as it became impassable. This allowed me to become lost for a couple of hours in the bush with no possibility of backtracking after sliding down a 200ft hill with no way of getting back up. I hit a section of muskeg and had to make a bridge out of many branches laid across the hole which took an hour by itself.
I eventually made it back to the main trail on the other side of the impassable area and headed for home.
My hour test ride took 6hrs and a week to recover from!
Regards....justjeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts