Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday, forum member 'Squidly' aka Dale from Kemmerer WY stopped by for a visit. He and his lady friend had taken a hike up to 'PopoAgie Falls' in the nearby Sinks Canyon.
Being so close, he felt he had to stop in and say Hi!

I hope his Lady is the forgiving type, as we killed a couple of hours discussing things KLR related. He may have been late to dinner! :)

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
I have a similar plan when time and the cash are right.

Tour a section of the country and camp in forum members' yards.
They duzzen't call me "Cheap" fer no reason, and I'd rather toss an online friend a 20 than
some motel owner who barely speaks our language 60 bucks when I only sleep for about 5
hours anyway.

Glad y'all hadda nice visit !!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

(I did this in 2005 with the Harley Tech site members and it made for a HUGE thread back in the
days of MSN Groups. Did a massive square from home at the southern shore of Lake Mi to Denver,
turned left down to Roswell, left again meandering along the southern US, to Gulf Shores, left again,
and back up to the hometown. None of this was in a straight line, took 6 days, and pulled it off fer $258.
I took one saddlebag of food, and only paid for gas and a few dinners at site members hometowns.
Got a pile of memories n' stories n' looking forward to Cheap's next frugal adventure. Of course a campsite
or a couch is available to any regular members wanting to hang here a half day too!!)

·
Premium Member
6,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheeeap,
I do have a yard, but my wife doesn't like to share the restroom facilities. Small house.

City park is free camping, numerous restrooms, no showers but I see campers taking a 'bird-bath' in the river quite often. There are usually other cyclist's camping also, a lot with-out motors.

My shop lot is mostly gravel.

Glad to read that your 'wing' is getting back into the swing of things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts