Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, picture this. I am going about 65 beside/behind a semi. My first thought is, of course, get past this behemoth. So, as I was doing that I see something out of the corner of my eye. A good sized hammer. About chest level. Truck ran over it and kicked it up. Bonkers. I was afraid he was going to blow a tire, too, but I was already twisting back the throttle.

Not too much I could have done differently. This particular road makes safe following distances a joke because every idiot has to cut off your buffer. Speaking of which, an idiot veered into my lane shortly after. I saw it coming and braked (allowing him to pass in front of me, not through me). I then pulled up beside him at the light and stared at him and watched his facial piercings tremble until he waved and apologized. His girlfriend was in the passenger seat. Quite well endowed with...uh, well she did have a lot of tattoos. And you could see most of them. I don't think she was impressed.

Lesson: Just like it says. NEVER let your guard down.

·
Registered
357 Posts
All the more reason to move out of that sh!thole that's called the Bay Area. Did it myself in 1981 and moved into a little town here in Oregon that had 1900 people. Fast forward to 2009....the little town still has 1900 people:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dude. I think about it all the time. Someday...

·
Registered
54 Posts
You can always move over here to the East Bay. There aren't nearly as many wackos driving cars over here.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's true. But they keep my skills sharp?!?! :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts