Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used MarkNet - KLR650 over the years as a resource.

I recently went to the website and found that the owner is looking for someone to take over the content (which there is a ton of!)

Anyone have the resources and skills necessary to save this info would certainly benefit the KLR owners going forward.

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
It would be sad to see MarkNet go away entirely. I’ve made good use of that site and referred many to it. Printed out many of the ”how to’s“ when I first got me KLR.

If I had some way to host the site I would.

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
Is this the new site or old site!? I really appreciate(d) Norm Keller's tech articles.
I’d say old, pre MarkNet.
Norm Keller was a regular on this site and his posts still exist.

Reactions: GreatWhiteNorth

·
Administrator
4,017 Posts
No, looks to me to be Mark’s original site. Everything links to MarkNet which is no more. I’ve never seen this site before though.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Dang I can't seem to get into marknet either. Im about to replace my countershaft seal and was going to use his site.
Use this link which still works: https://klr6500.tripod.com/techarticles.htm

Must be an old back-up site or something.

I remember a while back the MarkNet webmaster put it out there that he was looking for someone else to take over? Maybe there is some way this site could host those valuable "how-to" articles?

@Tom Schmitz @klr4evr

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just printed all the "procedures" to PDF from the site GreatWhiteNorth listed - just in case this site also goes away. I remember when I first did my valve adjustment I found this original site as well as the pdf on the new site. As far as I could tell the procedure steps were the same on both sites.

The good news is if you print to PDF all of the pictures and such get saved.

I agree, it would be fantastic if this info could be saved here - my guess is there would not be copyright issues - but not sure about that.

·
Premium Member
'12 Candy Lime KLR
317 Posts
I just printed all the "procedures" to PDF from the site GreatWhiteNorth listed - just in case this site also goes away.
Good idea. I used one of my developer tools to copy the entire site.

I reached to Mark a couple times. Once in Oct 2020 and again in Feb of this year.

I'll send him another email and see what's up and if he'll let me take it over.

·
Administrator
9,335 Posts
...I remember a while back the MarkNet webmaster put it out there that he was looking for someone else to take over? Maybe there is some way this site could host those valuable "how-to" articles?...
We could certainly host them here as posts containing the .pdf files.

The content could also be hosted on souperdoo.com. What would have to happen there would be taking the pdf files' content and importing it into an article format. That ought to be easy enough, but some loss of fidelity might happen with the Marknet logos and fonts. Dunno, I'd have to try it. The content would be OK.

With the html code in hand, someone could pony up to build a replica site and it might even be possible to get the domain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts