Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Name is Chuck. Some of you, no doubt, know me from other forums, but I am new here.

I started riding when I was around 12 on a tote-goat. I was changning sprinklers for an apple orchardist and he let me use it to get around. He ended up giving it to me.

I have been on mostly DP bikes ever since, (Yamaha DT's and 4 stroke thumpers).

I purchased a Triumph Bonneville off a show room floor when I got out of the Army and rode it as my only vehicle until I got married4 years later. I kept that bike until I retired and sold it to buy a '04 KLR. It seems to be the right bike at the right time and I use it mostly for travelling about the PNW getting to places to take photo's.

I am married (28 years this month) and have a son who was recently discharged from active duty with the Army and is currently a freshman in college. I have a daughter who is a Jr. in highschool.

I tend to mess around with my KLR way to much, keeping it in like new condition. I attribute this to "longterm Triumph ownership" syndrome. It is a sickness that infects the mind making the patient believe that unless you don't constantly screw with a bike. it will not run for more that 10 miles before something fails. At the rate I am going I should expect to get 25 years or 250,000 miles from the KLR.

:D

·
Registered
284 Posts
You sound quite normal for this crowd..... ha ha...

U will be quite comfortable here as we all are so far. Welcome aboard!

I have the same affliction as you and as a result often find things that are heading south just before they cross the border so to speak. Broken missing subframe bolts, screws and things that I have never actually identified or found a reason for being on the bike. Doo dads I call em. I keep em in a bowl to one day be identified.

I too have been married for almost 28 years. We must be broken in by now! :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X6_Hustler said:
You sound quite normal for this crowd..... ha ha...

U will be quite comfortable here as we all are so far. Welcome aboard!

I have the same affliction as you and as a result often find things that are heading south just before they cross the border so to speak. Broken missing subframe bolts, screws and things that I have never actually identified or found a reason for being on the bike. Doo dads I call em. I keep em in a bowl to one day be identified.

I too have been married for almost 28 years. We must be broken in by now! :lol:
Maybe I should start a "What wax do you use on your KLR's Tank" thread, just for AR KLR rider/wrenchers like myself.

Nah............ :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts