Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

721 - 740 of 740 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Jack Straw,
I'll suggest that your K761 front tire will handle better on dirt & gravel and scallop less on asphalt if you reverse its Rotational direction.
Change the pattern on the ground from >>>>>>>>> to this <<<<<<<<<<< when traveling in direction of pic orientation.

Reactions: 2000KLR685

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
I'll ask if anyone Knows the reason, that the windmill blades & drive shaft are tilted Back a few degrees?
And if the Blades and therefore the drive shaft can be Turned to more directly face the current wind.

·
Registered
355 Posts
On the new wind turbines, that provides additional clearance for the blades as they pass the tower. I don’t know if that applies to old ones like on the background of the picture.

·
Registered
66 Posts
63F/18C here today in northern Illinois. Unexpected opportunity for a ride this late in the year. Took this picture at a county park near my office. The park preserves a farm originally built in 1843 (ancient around these parts).

·
Registered
199 Posts
Customer bike...1996 Buell Thunderbolt S2. Ran when parked. He had removed and drained the fuel tank. Ran the bike until it died...He decided it was time to sell the bike so he filled the tank and it wouldn't even fire!...Check the stuff in the bottom of the float bowl, next to the drain. Same stuff I am now cleaning out of every orifice. Now he needs to get an extra few bucks to pay me for picking up the bike, trailering it 30 miles to my garage...etc.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
Customer bike...1996 Buell Thunderbolt S2. Ran when parked. He had removed and drained the fuel tank. Ran the bike until it died...He decided it was time to sell the bike so he filled the tank and it wouldn't even fire!...Check the stuff in the bottom of the float bowl, next to the drain. Same stuff I am now cleaning out of every orifice. Now he needs to get an extra few bucks to pay me for picking up the bike, trailering it 30 miles to my garage...etc.
I am very surprised to see an Over-Flow Stand pipe in that modern street legal USA EPA approved motorcycle carburetor!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I am very surprised to see an Over-Flow Stand pipe in that modern street legal USA EPA approved motorcycle!
It's a HD..go figure. Wait a moment...did you think that the accelerator pump pipe was an over flow pipe?

·
Registered
241 Posts
What are you using to clean the carb?
Is the cleaner sitting on the kitchen stove?

·
Premium Member
7,318 Posts
It's a HD..go figure. Wait a moment...did you think that the accelerator pump pipe was an over flow pipe?
Buell was a totally independant company purchasing HD engines at that time if I am not mis-taken.

And no, the over-flow stand pipe & accelerator pump pipe are clearly 2 separate parts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Point of parlimentory procedure outside thread topic please, that ultrasound looks like medical grade kit....is this or is this nut a KLR forum i axe you!

This is my ultrasound and it does whole shoes!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Buell was a totally independant company purchasing HD engines at that time if I am not mis-taken.

And no, the over-flow stand pipe & accelerator pump pipe are clearly 2 separate parts.
You're not mistaken. Eric stepped them up a bit.
Yes they are, but I didn't know which you were referring to, and yes the other is an overflow.

I was the 2nd owner of this bike. I tracked it on several occasions. Fat guy, low revving Ducati.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Funny what a few led's will do when placed under and clear ims gas tank, my main street was busy tonight, temp was 40.
_DSC0412.JPG

721 - 740 of 740 Posts