·
Administrator
8,814 Posts
That's badass.

Reactions: Tym

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow- Blast from my past - Tomos !! As a teenager in the 70’s when Mopeds were all the rage I used to unbox, assemble, and test drive 15 of those a day. The Tomos was the only 2 speed automatic we sold at the shop in Newport Beach Ca. Thanks for the ride down memory lane!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Shes a 2018 import before they went belly up again...Id love to race a trail 125, my best guess i might keep up. After all, i can pedal...lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
I actually like the rear a lot. I've only got about 500 miles on it so I can't speak of longevity yet. It has great traction out in the Arizona desert terrain. A little noisy on the road but handles well. I will buy another when this one wears out. It's a great price. However, I hated the Tusk front tire. It seemed to track in all directions in loose grave and sandy conditions, and felt unstable above 60 mph on the tarmac. (I also didn't like the D606 on the front either.) I have since put a shinko trail master on the front and am much happier with it.

·
Premium Member
7,752 Posts
However, I hated the Tusk front tire. It seemed to track in all directions in loose grave and sandy conditions, and felt unstable above 60 mph on the tarmac. (I also didn't like the D606 on the front either.)
Both the Dunlop D606 & the TUSK D-Sport knobby front tires have the factory side-wall 'Directional Arrow' facing the WRONG direction.

One needs to look at their tire tread direction from the 'Worms Eye View'. Does the pattern scoop the marbles INTO the center line or SCOOT the marbles out to the sides. A front tire is always 'driven', never driving, even harder when on the brakes.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< verses >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on the ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Both the Dunlop D606 & the TUSK D-Sport knobby front tires have the factory side-wall 'Directional Arrow' facing the WRONG direction.

One needs to look at their tire tread direction from the 'Worms Eye View'. Does the pattern scoop the marbles INTO the center line or SCOOT the marbles out to the sides. A front tire is always 'driven', never driving, even harder when on the brakes.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< verses >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> on the ground.
Just looked at it. I see what you mean. I'll have to try it the other direction some time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I actually like the rear a lot. I've only got about 500 miles on it so I can't speak of longevity yet. It has great traction out in the Arizona desert terrain. A little noisy on the road but handles well. I will buy another when this one wears out. It's a great price. However, I hated the Tusk front tire. It seemed to track in all directions in loose grave and sandy conditions, and felt unstable above 60 mph on the tarmac. (I also didn't like the D606 on the front either.) I have since put a shinko trail master on the front and am much happier with it.
I have never tried the Shinko Trail Master. It seems pretty much a mainly road tire. How does it perform off road?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have never tried the Shinko Trail Master. It seems pretty much a mainly road tire. How does it perform off road?
It's listed as a 60 road 40 dirt. It actually did pretty good with my riding style. I don't ride like I'm in MX Race. Usually alone in the desert so I have to be somewhat cautious. It did surprisingly well in this wash.

781 - 800 of 800 Posts