Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

841 - 860 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dunlop D605 front and rear. I have about 300 miles on them and I really like them. Price is amazing too. It costs more to put tires on my mountain bike then it does on the KLR.
Interesting. I am running the D606 and have thought about the D605. Thanks for the reply!👍

·
Registered
123 Posts
If you don't know, Mt Mitchell is the highest point in North America east of the Mississippi River. 6,684ft.
I dint, wish i did, sounds like a cool place to visit, i just assumed Mt Washington was higher, my bad!

·
Registered
2002 KLR650
88 Posts

Just bought this 2002 about one month ago. Have had it down and apart replacing the doohickey and water pump seals, carb rebuild, and valves adjusted. Exhaust pulled, stripped, painted and wrapped yesterday and installed the thermobob.

Beautiful day here in north Georgia, about 60 degrees, sunny and rode about 120 miles this morning. Brand new to motorcycles and KLR, love it. Especially after this morning. 😀

·
Registered
13 Posts

An overnight camping trip at 6500’ in the Sequoia NF got interesting. Damn near got stuck trying to get out this morning. Things I learned: Tusk pannier tops make an acceptable snow shovel, D605’s do pretty well on snow and ice; until they don’t and just because your sleeping bag says 11.8F it may not keep you warm.

edit: if you are getting into snow and ice and you still have to climb another 500’ in elevation, just turn around. It never gets better.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Just got out of the hosp for ab surgery and it looks like this is my ride for a few weeks, i stuck some spare molle gear to her, i swear they invented molle just for my stuff.

Shes a 2008 Colours in Motion SpazzG, options are leather trim and soft roll billet caster wheels....Solid axle, 2 degrees of camber, 110psi Primo tyres.

·
Premium Member
2014.5 KLR650
172 Posts

Does this look right Tom ?
As Maverick tries to talk me through my dead KLR problems ...

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Just got out of the hosp for ab surgery and it looks like this is my ride for a few weeks, i stuck some spare molle gear to her, i swear they invented molle just for my stuff.

Shes a 2008 Colours in Motion SpazzG, options are leather trim and soft roll billet caster wheels....Solid axle, 2 degrees of camber, 110psi Primo tyres.

View attachment 29050

What ever you do, take your time and don't push it. Heal up and it will make getting on the bike a little easier. Spent 6 weeks on crutches a year & a half ago after my knee issues, and still not right.
But glad you're getting around with a nice set of wheels.
(and ready for anything from the looks of it);)

Reactions: Tym

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ya, and im old now, i know healing gets slower....wish i could wheelie a KLR like i can this Spazz however...lol

·
Premium Member
8,283 Posts
Oh the memories. Some of you younger guys may not know what this is. View attachment 29060
I used similar to plot my route, mileage and approximate time for my 1000mile day on Z1 900 back in 1989.

You might enjoy the thread, "Show me your tool". I think it is in the Off-Topic section.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,095 Posts

View attachment 29050
Hmmm... just lookin’ at it, I think it needs more power. 😉

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,095 Posts
View attachment 29051

Does this look right Tom ?
As Maverick tries to talk me through my dead KLR problems ...
That fuse block/relay is supposed to have a connector plugged into those blades to the right of the fuse. Did you disconnect it?

Second, I suggest you remove the plastic cover and metal bracket that holds that relay/fuse and toss them in the spare parts box. The relay is held pretty securely just by the heavy battery and starter cables. You’ll save a few ounces and make it a lot easier to get at the fuel tank connections and to rotate the carb for cleaning or jetting. I did this 2000 miles ago, and have no problems with the relay rubbing or vibrating against anything.

841 - 860 of 904 Posts