Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
961 - 980 of 991 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
The shouldered bolt is still there, but honestly I doubt I ever lubed this pivot point. its a good idea. but I over lube the chain, and the entire area is often a greasy mess. but I am sure directing lube into the stand's pivot point would be smart line6

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Looks like you need to ride another 150 miles or so. :)

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
Ouwhou, my eyes!
It's Bright! I hope you NEVER get 'T-boned' after dusk. But they should lose in court.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Its not as bright as the camera suggests, so its not a bother when riding, no glare in the windsheild.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Trip to the Redwoods ... charged up CA Rt 65/70/99 to Red Bluff, then across Rt 36 to Fortuna and north on the 101.
Came back via Rt 299 to Redding, and Red Bluff then back the same way.

Red Bluff was 108dF 5pm Friday, and Eureka was 63dF on Saturday.

Hiway 36 has more more more corners. :love:
Bike was almost perfect - except for a niggling fuel leak. Need to rebuild/replace the petcock.
Okay, after 26 years, need to plan for routine replacements.

( edit )
Overall, it's about 140 mi from Red Bluff (I-5) to Fortuna (Rt 101), and I think it was pashnit that called it the roller coaster.
With some sections that are left/right/left/right, quick jabs and long sweepers, some cliffs and great overlooks, brief straight-aways... then along the Mad River you're in the tunnel of trees. A few work zones where you had to wait 5 min for the one-way traffic to clear, and one 20 min wait due to monster construction where crews were cutting the hillside.

Camelbak and gatoraid helps to stay hydrated. You have to work have to keep your wits about you.

Have to be wary of fatigue, so taking a pee break, and avoiding target fixation ('must hit Fortuna by 9PM'). Once the day light had gone - just throttle back and follow a cager for protection from deer or oncoming traffic.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Where is that?
42 Cavedale Rd to Mayacamas Volunteer Fire Department

Sorry about that, it was a quick getaway ride yesterday. Cavedale Road in Sonoma County California, and I could see San Francisco out there in the distance. The towers of the Golden Gate Bridge were in the fog bank rolling in.
this area had been burned in October of 2017, and that house is new construction after the first was burned. Interesting house, concrete, steel and glass on the other side for good reason.
I'd like to go up there at night to se the view.

961 - 980 of 991 Posts