Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts

·
Administrator
9,335 Posts
How do you like the Cardo? Pretty spiff kit, I think.

Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
2022 KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
Thank you.

So far I like it. I've only used it as a communication device once, but it was great. I previously had a BTS-3 or whatever the Amazon one is called. I mostly use these things for music, and for that it's definitely superior to the knock-offs. I could live without it outside of group rides pretty easily, though.

I'm going on a road trip this Wednesday with another KLR lad. We agreed that we would benefit from the better headsets, so we both jumped for Cardo.

·
Administrator
9,335 Posts
I have used the Sena SMH10 for quite a few years. I rebuilt it once and got more than my money's worth out of it. When the time came for a new unit I compared the new Senas to the new Cardos. The only criterion I left out of the comparison was the communications stuff. I could care less about talking to anyone while riding. I only ride with one other person and we've, for years, been getting by with pointing at our pee-wee, our face, or our gas tank to make our needs known. All I care about is music. The Cardo won hands down and I've been really pleased.

Reactions: Shadze

·
Registered
172 Posts
I always enjoy the big country views you Western riders post! While I live out in the country, I get into Richmond pretty frequently. The tourist scene for Civil War buffs is probably well on its way to being gutted here, but Hollywood Cemetery is still a thing. It would take more than a post to describe it, but it is a famous place with famous historical gravesites. 2 Presidents, Jefferson Davis, Southern Generals, Richmonders of note. I don't have a crazed ancesteral passion for monuments of a different time or contempt, but I do have a respect for history. A lifelong Richmonder, I went to Douglas S. Freeman and our team name just changed from "Rebels" to "Mavericks"! This kind of stuff has been part of my historical exposure all my life. I doubt tearing it all up will amount to much. So far nobody is digging
Sky Plant Tree Building Statue
Plant Tire Sky Wheel Tree
anybody up in Hollywood Cemetery! This is General George E. Picketts grave and an interesting monument honoring the 18,000 other confederate soldiers buried here. Thought I'd better throw a KLR in there!

·
Registered
2002 KLR 650
59 Posts
180 mile tour of the Oregon West Cascades. 90 pavement, 90 dirt. I've been hitting the hills a lot because rain is around the corner. Wolf Rock, an ancient volcanic core. Rock climbers paradise. An unnamed lake. Great colors. I always carry a fishing rod with me. Fished this lake and a local creek. No fish luck today but an epic outing. So much to explore in the Cascades.
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Sky Mountain Plant
Plant Tire Wheel Tree Wood
Water Sky Plant Water resources Natural landscape

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR 650 Adventure
44 Posts
Went out GeoCaching today and ended up on this little "mountain" in what is otherwise a pretty flat area! LOL Pretty neat little dirt road jaunt to the top!

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Automotive lighting

Reactions: mbstang12

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
From the parts screen that I looked at, the 2022 air box is VERY similar to 87-18 models.
The CLEAN-Side of the air filter box is supposed to have a Drain Hose with a cap at the Bottom.

981 - 1000 of 1005 Posts