Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1081 - 1100 of 1112 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yet another thing I appreciate about the KLR is that it puts me in an exploratory frame of mind. I've lived in this general area for all but about two of my 49 years, and I'm finding backroads nearby that I never once traveled in all that time. And sometimes there are hidden gems along those mid-Michigan roads...

Tire Land vehicle Plant Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
268 Posts
Does it matter that there's no motorcycles in this picture? Nice thunderstorm across the valley.
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Natural landscape

I have been watching these build up across the valley sorta like a movie(but better) each day for the past week or so.
Here's today's showing:
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Azure
Cloud Plant Sky Plant community Natural landscape

Monsoon in full force

Reactions: foo and CamoColton

·
Premium Member
344 Posts
Well it was actually yesterday so Ima breaking that rule.

Downside: No patch kit, no spare tube, no compressor.
Upside: Got the bike loaded into the dude's pickup without anyone getting killed or maimed.
Super cool: Friendly neighbors in NorCal to help a brother out, lend a few tools and some shade to sort shtuff out.

Culprit this time was a drywall screw. Caused the durned butyl rubber tube to split.
About 100dF and 68% humidity. After a replacement tube, the ride home was uneventful. Weather cooled off after sunset and it was a pretty nice ride home.

·
Registered
2022 KLR650
988 Posts
View attachment 35915
excessive? Maybe,
Fun? Definitely!
Yeah that’s a bit excessive to have two of the same….but KLR’s are awesome bikes. I don’t blame ya for wanting another.
A better pairing would've been a clapped out drz400 or dr650 next to the orangie :cool:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah that’s a bit excessive to have two of the same….but KLR’s are awesome bikes. I don’t blame ya for wanting another.
A better pairing would've been a clapped out drz400 or dr650 next to the orangie :cool:
Hopefully a Yellow DRZ400 next year!
Right now there’s nothing else available in my area and it was a great opportunity to update the Honda for little money. I only lost $400 on it after two years

·
Premium Member
2022 KLR Adventure
426 Posts
Well it was actually yesterday so Ima breaking that rule.

Downside: No patch kit, no spare tube, no compressor.
Upside: Got the bike loaded into the dude's pickup without anyone getting killed or maimed.
Super cool: Friendly neighbors in NorCal to help a brother out, lend a few tools and some shade to sort shtuff out.

Culprit this time was a drywall screw. Caused the durned butyl rubber tube to split.
About 100dF and 68% humidity. After a replacement tube, the ride home was uneventful. Weather cooled off after sunset and it was a pretty nice ride home.
I’m glad you had solid people around to lend a hand. Don’t know that I’d trust a soul in SoCal but that NorCal spirit hasn’t died yet.

To your Good Samaritan

Glasses Head Vision care Collar Eyewear

·
Premium Member
11,528 Posts
I'll suggest that over-all WY is the buggiest state in the parts of the nation that I have traveled thru!
And I've no idea WHY?
Less bats & birds, maybe?

·
Administrator
4,501 Posts
Out for a little rip today on some backroads. Passed by this spot and thought it would be a good spot for a picture.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Plant

1081 - 1100 of 1112 Posts