Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally have my post count up and have some pics from a trip I took (my first dual sport adventure) by myself in 2010. I didn't own this bike and a GREAT friend of mine loaned me his 05-I've since bought my own 05. This is the trip that got me hooked!

The 4th picture was worth about 400 bucks, I put the camera back in my inside jacket pocket but not the wallet which fell off of the bike on the road along with all of my trip $. Sunday late afternoon and 175 miles already on the tank. I had to go all the way back to Graeagle that day and then to Truckee to do some banking on Monday. I almost called off the trip at that point but my better half talked me out of it and I'm glad she did.

I traveled many of the miles on Forest Service roads-they're a great way to see the countryside!

·
Premium Member
5,564 Posts
Nice photos and sounds like a great trip! Add a few wires and Photo #2 almost looks like it could have been taken from the cockpit of a biplane.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does, I never really caught that before. It's actually the awning over the balcony surrounding the fire lookout tower at Smith Peak in Plumas National Forest. This one is actually still manned during the fire season and open to visitors. The best views in an area are from these points and there are several in the Sierras. The best one is in the Sierra Buttes, google it and you can find some great pics. I hiked up there last fall with the family.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great Views, Nice people

Great pics. I grew up in Redding, spent alot of time fishing Hat Creek, and the McCloud River. Lots of places to camp, nice people too. I think I need to plan a trip on the bike, been many years since I've been back. Thanks for reminding me of what a beautiful area it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts