Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time posting to this site, but I have watched for a while. There's a nice class of people here. I bought my first KLR in 98 and it was a 87 ( still got it) but I picked up a 07 with 1300 miles on it and 1K of extras for 4K. One catch, previous owner had painted it yellow, like a banana,,,,,, with a spray can! That paint job had to go. He also bought a extra tall wind screen and then carved it down to 6 in wide at the top. Sucker just fluttered in the wind. I am a firefighter, 49, ride mainly street and dirt roads. I rode to Kentucky last year, down to the Dragon and the Skyway, Gatlinburg , Spent about a week and a half just wandering. I will meet a friend in Little Rock this June and spend a week riding the mountains

·
Registered
507 Posts
Khan,

How'd you deal with the paint job? Post a picture of the ride if you don't mind.

Ard

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paint stripper, lotsa paint stripper. It has the same paint job as yours, no panniers, and I have a Russel touring style seat. I saw a nice KLR at the International Motorcycle Show in Dallas, black with yellow KLR grafix. I want a new paint job, the black or Kaw green.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I was at the IMS show in Dallas. Sweet, Twisted Throttle KLR 650 GS. Kind of a BMW ripoff though. I got weak around the KTM's. Drool. *Note, did I miss it or did BMW not have a display there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts