Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While cleaning the garage, I found some led strips I had bought a few years ago and thought "why the hell not", and slapped them inside my fairings. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this yet. Could be really cool or could be totally trashy. Here they are. Anyone have any input or thoughts?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Might look real cool at night and very noticeable to other "distracted" drivers.
However, make sure all your papers are right because (in my area/state) police will pull you over.

Cool!!!

·
Registered
541 Posts
While cleaning the garage, I found some led strips I had bought a few years ago and thought "why the hell not", and slapped them inside my fairings. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this yet. Could be really cool or could be totally trashy. Here they are. Anyone have any input or thoughts?
[/IMG]
:wink2:

In Florida, we can't have any blue lights that are visible from the front of the vehicle. Reminds me back in 2011 James "Bubba" Stewart of MX and SX fame, who lives down here in Haines City, got arrested for displaying blue "flashing" lights from the front of his pickup truck. He rolled up behind a Crown Vic and flipped on the lights, it was full of off-duty cops heading to a convention in Orlando. What a dumb-ass!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

In Florida, we can't have any blue lights that are visible from the front of the vehicle. Reminds me back in 2011 James "Bubba" Stewart of MX and SX fame, who lives down here in Haines City, got arrested for displaying blue "flashing" lights from the front of his pickup truck. He rolled up behind a Crown Vic and flipped on the lights, it was full of off-duty cops heading to a convention in Orlando. What a dumb-ass!
Ha! That's not swift. Maybe I'll swap them out for amber.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Just found this. So, I guess I'm ok?

§ 4310. Motorcycle lighting.
Auxiliary lighting may be added to a motorcycle to protect the driver, including blue dot illumination, standard bulb running lights and light-emitting diode (LED) pods and strips.
(June 29, 2006, P.L.205, No.50, eff. 60 days)

·
Registered
948 Posts
A KLR should be muddy and have no glitter. Put a little mud on it.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hi Guys!
I can understand while local law enforcement doesn't want blue or red lights, but I was impressed with the indirect lighting inside the front fairings. Whether Yellow or Green, I think increasing the profile from the front adds some margin for safety at night. I don't think I would add a lot of LEDs, but just enough to light up the internal area some.
Great idea Obedoo!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Guys!
I can understand while local law enforcement doesn't want blue or red lights, but I was impressed with the indirect lighting inside the front fairings. Whether Yellow or Green, I think increasing the profile from the front adds some margin for safety at night. I don't think I would add a lot of LEDs, but just enough to light up the internal area some.
Great idea Obedoo!
Glad you liked it. I had not seen any others like this on here and thought it might be frowned upon. I know its a fine line between neat and tacky. I sometimes dive over that line headfirst!:grin2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts