Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally added a tool container/bottle to my 2011 KLR650.
I bought i from AgriSupply.com for $4.95. Heavy duty plastic with a neoprene seal. Seems very stable.
I mounted it under the left side rear plastic cover.
I'll add pictures if the system lets me.
It was easy and looks pretty good.
I will probably change the metal strap I used to a black one or cover
it with black duct tape.
I am using to carry a one gallon gas bottle.
I bought a second one but not sure where to mount it yet. Any ideas?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
ONE Gallon or 1/2 gallon?

Will the chain guard & carrier get damaged in a big G-out? About 7.9 inches of travel measured at the rear axle. ;) Uncertain about your positioning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got a PVC tube mounted in pretty much the same area, but a little outboard of this. No issues with contact with the swing-arm. I carry a variety of tools and registration in it, don't even know it's there. One of the more common places to mount a tube is right behind the front wheel, on the engine crash-bar. (You do have an engine crash-bar don't you?!) : )

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
"I am using to carry a one gallon gas bottle."

That sentence lost me. Those bottles that fit in the "tractor manual" plastic tube only hold less than a quart. I have one on my Versys 1000.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent observation sir, I will check that out and can move the location out slightly to make sure there i clearance.
Thanks for the heads up.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correct, I checked it, 30 ounces.
Not sure why I had one gallon in my mind.
Thanks for the correction.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may need to move mine outboard a bit to make sure.
That location is a good idea, I don't have crash bars yet but I am outfitting now the bike with hopes to get on some trails later this year.
Trying to get my oldest son to get a KLR so we can go together. He has a Harley now.

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
I am using to carry a one gallon gas bottle.
I bought a second one but not sure where to mount it yet. Any ideas?
Where, in your travels, is a one-gallon auxiliary fuel container desirable? (Not that extra fuel isn't popular with some; up to and including 10-gallon IMI plastic tanks).
And, just wondering, where and how will you mount it?

One gallon, I think, is too much volume to mount in front of the bash plate, but . . . your extra Agri-tube will fit there nicely (two steel hose clamps). Welding rod carriers (Lincoln, a preferred brand) work well as tool tubes, also.

EDIT: Posted this immediately after reading Post # 1; hadn't read posts above.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damocles,
My plan is to utilize the second bottle for tools. In front of the bash plate is great, that's what I'll do.
You are right of course about the one gallon...that was just me talking before thinking. The gas bottle that I have is 30 ounces or so.
Thanks guys...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts