Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took forever to choose panniers. First, there is the issue of hard vs. soft, then a million choices in sizes, colors, and price.

I decided for my running to work and back and day trips into the mountains, that medium-sized soft panniers would be fine, and I didn't have to go the $300 to $500 route for my light duty needs.

Decided on Wild Heart 20L in yellow for $122.

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Tread Motor vehicle

So far, I am happy with my decision as they are a true medium-duty waterproof item with a mix of metal and heavy plastic fasteners.

They don't stick out too far and are easy to open and close. Will put them to the test tomorrow on a single track ride and a mix of highway, gravel, dirt, and thick dust. But, they will haul a lot more stuff than I anticipated. Still trying to have minimal gear due to weight concerns.

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Orange Yellow

Helmet Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Sports gear

Bolted on my new LED lights but haven't done the fun part of wiring them up. They came with a very nice quality harness and switch, but I think I will just wire them up using the same power source I used for the USB ports, if it will handle the load. Will have to do some research.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Then I added my machete off of my UTV that I sold and my old bayonet that's been in a dozen off-road vehicles over the years. Will be moving the little tool pouch off of the crash bar and try to find a better spot for the go-pro mount since I anticipating dumping the bike in the woods tomorrow and want to minimize collateral damage.

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part

Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
867 Posts
Right on, looks cool. I like the Timney sticker..IYKYK! (y)

I carry my old 'Ka-bar' inside left pannier.

I'll be looking for your next Vid. Best wishes

Reactions: PNWexplorer
1 - 8 of 8 Posts