Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
So I went out to Amazon to get and 1157 led bulb for the KLR. I got one that didn’t strobe but was from the same manufacturer (Auxlight). VERY NICE!! Super bright!

I decided to get 4 turn signal bulbs as well. In my infinite wisdom, I did not check the bulb type and just ordered two amber 1157 bulbs and two amber 1156 bulbs. Every bike I’ve owned has used these in their turn signals.

Turns out the ‘22 KLR uses a different kind of bulb for the turn signals, and I can’t find what kind it is. Anybody know??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn't realize LED was mandatory.

For brightness or for electric power consumption? Turn signals and brake lights operate with a minimal duty cycle (they're, "OFF," more than they're, "ON"); thus, I'd expect power saving from LED conversion miniscule in magnitude. But, maybe not!
Wasn’t worried about power consumption. Just wanted brighter bulbs, and the bulb I got for the tail light is significantly brighter than the stock bulb. But I’m also realizing that LED turn signals may not flash properly without some modifications/add-ons. I don’t want to get into that, so I will probably quit while I’m ahead. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts