Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow enthusiasts, anybody tried these adjustable links? I found my 2004 too high for the off road stuff i have been doing. I'm 5'9" 175#. Seen these new adjustable links on ebay, looks okay to me....what do the people that know think?
tessy2

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does not apply to me but a little advice. If you ask about something from a website or ebay then you should provide a link to that item.

Good luck on your quest.
John

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have the 2 inch lowering links on my bike --I am 5'6". I could have probably gotten away with the 1 1/2 " ones--- but when you are off road the more foot on the ground the better..:)

·
Registered
280 Posts
if ya use the links, relocate your plate or yur gonna leave it on the trail if your ride even a little aggressive. Knobs will rip it off everytime.

·
Registered
272 Posts
lowering the back only will slow the steering angle, makes a bit of a chopper out the bike. We always shorten the front and rear appropriately (not necessarily equally) to preserve or even enhance the steering geometry and lower the seat height. Any lowering of the bike will hurt the ground clearance too. Because lowering links allow the tire to rub under the fender and tag, shortening the shock internally (and upgrading the valving and springs appropriatley while in there) will lower the bike while maintaing the oem bottoming as designed. (no rubbing)
Motorcycle chassis alignment, geometry and custom suspension upgrading is what I specialize in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts