·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that someone would probably buy it but at 1/3 the price. It looks very well made though.
Thanks for the interest. It looks like you probably haven't been a member long enough to know the history on these. Years ago Touratech et al did not have an offering for the KLR. I wanted one so got a US factory to produce a batch of them (over 100) which were then sold to forum member both here & on other similar forums.

There are already lots of bikes using these shields, it's a tried & tested design & pricing has basically not changed in that time. I only made one batch. This is the last one left from that batch. NOS if you like. None of the other shields available on the market work as well or look as good as they don't attach in the same way.

Anyway hopefully that helps give you some back story. :)

Cheers,

Dan

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems it would make cleaning the headlight a problem.
It is sufficiently spaced so that you can easily get your fingers or a rag behind it for cleaning. It also takes less than 30 seconds to remove it & refit it as it's independently bolted & it's removal does not affect anything else.

Everything else on the market messes with other bits of the fairing assembly as they use their bolts.

Thanks for looking :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts