Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello!!

My motorbike has the front end blended. I have to change it and i have too many ideas in my head and need some recomendations.

I have a Tengai and i will change all the suspension and brake disk but i don't want to loose the speedo. Can i do this??

- Put the suspension of a new 08 KLR??? is plug and play?? Is 38mm of diameter?? The speedometer in the wheel are the same y both models??

- Put the suspension of a KLR (non Tengai)?? I think the brake disks are smaller but... the springs??

There are any suspension compatible with the Tengai withour major mods or i will have to search a Tengai stock suspension??

Thanks

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello!!

My motorbike has the front end blended. I have to change it and i have too many ideas in my head and need some recomendations.

I have a Tengai and i will change all the suspension and brake disk but i don't want to loose the speedo. Can i do this??

- Put the suspension of a new 08 KLR??? is plug and play?? Is 38mm of diameter?? The speedometer in the wheel are the same y both models??

- Put the suspension of a KLR (non Tengai)?? I think the brake disks are smaller but... the springs??

There are any suspension compatible with the Tengai withour major mods or i will have to search a Tengai stock suspension??

Thanks
Sorry to hear about your accident. Glad to hear you are ok.

The front suspension on the Tengai is slightly different. They are 43mm tubes, a little shorter, lower fender bracket holes and caliper bracket.

The forks from a KLR (87-07) will fit on the triple. The speedo mechanism is the same.

The springs from a KLR are wider than the Tengai.

If you use the front end from a pre 08 KLR then you loose the following:

320mm rotor and dual piston caliper
lower front fender (the front fender bracket although a bit thin does work as a fork brace, not as good as an Eagle Mike brace but it helps a little)
softer ride

I don't know if the 08 forks will fit, sorry.

If you need any pics just let me know since I have both bikes and an extra set of KLR forks (87-07).

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts