Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone has a spare klr 650 or 250 air box rubber boot, could you please take some measurements. Length, IDs, and ODs. The klr 600s are discontinued and I need to find some kind of replacement. I found one on ebay that I hope will work. Part # 14073 1228.
Thank you.

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
I'll measure one tomorrow, a 650.

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Hi Tim,

Busy day, installing a new radiator and getting some sewing done on a tank cover.

But yes! I did finally get it done.

Here ya go:

As you can see, it has a bit of a bend to it. The important length dimensions seemed to be from the face of the airbox to the fac of the carb, so I've given you those measurements; the photo is with the boot on its side, of course.

The 2.29" is the inside diameter of the boot, as it encircles the carb opening. This should be the same as your 600, as the carbs are the same.

Hope it's what you need!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tom,
you are the man. That's exactly what I needed. Now, when I get home from work, I can measure my old one. Hopefully, it's close to my old one and it will work. Can't wait to get it running again.
Thank you so much. Really appreciate it.
Tim

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Glad to help. If it is too short, that's a problem. If it is too long, you might be able to bodge it to work. Here's what the inside of the carburetor inlet side looks like.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again Tom.
I did some measurements and they're close. I think I'm going to order the part and give it a try. Hopefully it works.
Thanks, Tim

·
Administrator
8,289 Posts
Good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update:
The angles are off just a bit. I'm going to try and open up the air box hole a bit and see if that works. If not, cut the hole out and fab something up.
Has anyone has installed a 650 air box into a 600? Just wondering if they're even close to the same size. I know the sub frames are different, but maybe it might work?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update:
I put my old air box boot back on. I haven't given up yet. Just wanted to ride as I am a new rider. I will try to figure something out later on. I'm in Arizona, so it's pretty hot right now. Also, waiting to get insurance. I want to say thanks to everyone that replied, especially Tom. I will keep you guys posted on progress when I get around to the modification.
Thanks again, Tim

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks again Tom.
I did some measurements and they're close. I think I'm going to order the part and give it a try. Hopefully it works.
Thanks, Tim
I replaced the one on my 250 with an AEROFLOW SILICONE RUBBER REDUCER INTERCOOLER HOSE.

cut it down and one end is perfect fit over carb inlet and the other is an interferance fit to the airbox, i can also clide a bit of 50mm pvc in the airbox end to stop it shrinking

1 - 15 of 15 Posts