Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,249 Posts
For those wanting additional flow, the airbox IS fairly restrictive and benefits from the "L-mod" or 4-1" holes on the top of the airbox on the dirty side along with a UNI Filter and the jetting MUST be changed or it will run too lean.
Edit done.
Stay on the Dirty Side, please.

·
Administrator
9,338 Posts
@Torquey,

The 2022 air filter is the same air filter that has been in use since 1987.

ELEMENT-AIR FILTER
Part# 11013-1152

Reactions: DPelletier

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
@Torquey,

The 2022 air filter is the same air filter that has been in use since 1987.

ELEMENT-AIR FILTER
Part# 11013-1152
Thank you Tom. If that part # is for the Uni filter (as opposed the HiFlo), I wish the company would update their website! How do they know that 10,000 people haven't been searching for a '22 KLR air filter already and then gone elsewhere?? Thanks again.

·
Administrator
4,021 Posts
If that part # is for the Uni filter (as opposed the HiFlo), I wish the company would update their website!
That is a Kawasaki part number.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Performance, Torquey?

Why not a VELOCITY STACK!

(Inmates of a certain age (and beyond) may remember these components from the Golden Age of hot-rodding!)
Ha! I didn't want to get too carried away! :ROFLMAO: I have a Yamaha MT-10 1,000cc inline 4. For the 2022 model year they have added 3 different length velocity stacks aimed at the rider to create greater induction roar and actually have some sort of venting in the body work to amplify and direct sound back to the rider! Kind of silly perhaps, but somewhat cool I suppose... The KLR has a different vibe all together and yet I love her!

·
Administrator
4,021 Posts
If Kawi has been using the same filter for years, that would mean that although UNI does not list an air filter past 2020, it should still fit the 2022.
That would probably be a correct assumption. You have to give the aftermarket time to catch up with parts referencing for the new model.Most probably haven’t had a chance to get their hands on a bike.

Reactions: Torquey

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good luck with your 2022 !

just got mine last night’22 adventure.

first dual sport since my1975TS185 Suki

smile on my face for hours.

Hi folks! Looking for assistance if you would please. I have a 2022 KLR...

1. Is there a preferred air filter for this machine? On other bikes I use a K&N yet I have heard that many like Sprint filters for sport bikes.

2. What about oil filters? Does anyone use the reusable metal mesh ones? Are there any dos and don'ts with this machine?

For me, this KLR is a "Brand New Adventure" in every sense of the word, so I am totally without experience here! Thanks!!

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Just wondering; what improvement in performance might be expected from an optimum air filter, vs. an OEM air filter, on a '22 KLR?

Wouldn't expect much performance improvement from an optimum oil filter; bypass valve opens when filter clogs anyway.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts