Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'09' KLR. That small square nut that the long airfilter screws attaches to fell off. Has anyone had this happen and how did you get it to stay in the cutout long enough to get the long screw started? You'd think the thing would be captive and held in place so this would never happen, oh well. Can't use adhesive cause its to greasy in there, unless i removed either the box or carb and boot to better access it.

·
Registered
265 Posts
'09' KLR. That small square nut that the long airfilter screws attaches to fell off. Has anyone had this happen and how did you get it to stay in the cutout long enough to get the long screw started? You'd think the thing would be captive and held in place so this would never happen, oh well. Can't use adhesive cause its to greasy in there, unless i removed either the box or carb and boot to better access it.
Yeah it happened to me a few times so I cleaned it up good with out taking it apart and then used gorilla glue. It worked perfect and I clean my filter alot and it has never came out since..... And that's about 4 years now

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy shit .... What a Ride!
Cheers, Nick

·
Premium Member
5,480 Posts
That same thing actually happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I was cleaning my air filter and it was pissing me off. I finally got the screw to grab it so I left it be. The next time I do it, I'm going to remember KLR Thumper's Gorilla Glue remedy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts