Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chime in here fellow Albertans. let's see just how many of us there are in this fine country of ours, and maybe even get together for a ride or two at some point in time.

Owen

·
Administrator
3,720 Posts
I'm from Alberta. NE of Edmonton.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Since I can't find a more appropriate location for this post, I'll just put it here: I lost an Alpinestars jacket liner while riding my KLR in McLean Creek (near Bragg Creek, just west of Calgary.) It's black and grey. It'll be covered in mud and, yes, I know this is an extremely long, long shot that someone will find it and stumble on this post. Can't hurt to try!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm back! I just bought another 2001 KLR, exactly like the one I rode to Panama and back from Calgary a few years ago! I'm super stoked to be back on the bike on I love. I'm planning to ride this one from Germany to Iran this fall (though there are still a few barriers to that trip including a slight shortage in funds and the distinct absence of an Iranian visa, but that's another story!) And, speaking of which, before I go, I still need to sell my 2006 V-Strom which is currently on display at the Bow Cycle showroom in Calgary, AB... so, if you know of anyone who's in need of such a machine, send them to Bow! Also, if you're keen to hear how my trip to the Middle East is shaping up, you can search for details on my website. Yeah, KLR's!

·
Registered
5 Posts
To the end of the earth!!

Just returned from awesome trip through NWT, Yukon, and Alaska including a burn to Deadhorse,Prudhoe Bay . My 04 KLR ran perfectly throughout. Lots of info for those who ask. email [email protected]

·
Administrator
3,720 Posts
Casey, where are you located. If you are in the edmonton area maybe we can meet some time. I'd like to make that trip some day.

Nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am in Fairview AB, an hour east of Grande Prairie. I do get to Edmonton alot though. If you are into a trip to the north country let me know. I have been through most of it now. E mail me any questions or maybe we can swap stories over a beer some time. The run to Deadhorse Alaska is a Must Do for any dual sport rider. Being in Alberta is a bonus. I ran into people from all over the planet, some who saved and planned for years ,to rip through what is basically in our back yard. Rubber side down,
Casey

·
Registered
2 Posts
From Hythe, AB. Just acquired a 1997 KLR650. Going over it this winter getting ready for spring. Would anyone have a puller for the flywheel rotor I could borrow? Want to do the doohickey mode.

Terry

·
Registered
4 Posts
I hate computers. LOVE KLRs! Leduc. 2008 KLR. 4200km first year.I will try to reply bear with me. P.S. LOVE TRUNK ROAD just ask.

·
Registered
1 Posts
South Rockies

Bob Pisko
Blairmore (Crowsnest Pass)

'08 KLR 650 (425 KM's as of tonight)

Pics to come. Best riding anywhere right out my door - pack my 4-piece flyrod & a box of flies, a couple of cameras, a few bananas & apples & go either north to Kananaskis or south to Castle Crown Wilderness or west to the Kooteneys - or northeast to the Whaleback and the Oldman. Not to mention 1500 km's of marked triails . . . all starting either in town or within 10 mihutes.

the KLR sure likes its new home! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
From Calgary. A new KLR owner as of this week. Looking forward to some different challenges vs my normal street riding. Can't wait for the roads to clear (again). I did see one guy on his bike as I went to work on Wednesday and speaking to Bow Cycle that same day he mentioned that he'd had 6 guys ride their bikes in on Saturday. Back to snow again though so we'll have to wait a while to ride again.

'09 KLR650 (Blue)
'08 CBF1000 (Silver)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi Albertans!

Picking up my new 2009 black KLR next week - my latest thumper after a break for few years.

First one was a Yamaha XT600E traded on a BMW F650, and now the KLR. Itching to take it out to the mountains west of here - Rocky Mountain House.

:)

1 - 20 of 113 Posts