Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also from Calgary, recently picked up a gently used but new to me Green '08 KLR. I did manage to ride it to work from Calgary to Cochrane once before it started to get cold again...bring on the nice weather and see you out there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm from Calgary...

Picked up my new to me green 08 a couple of weeks ago, went on my first ride this morning to Longview, felt great, rode great. I'm off to the Okanogan next week end, hope the weather cooperates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where at?

I'm located in Calgary, blue '08 that I put about 8k km on last summer but mostly riding secondary highways N.W of Calgary and the loop through the mountains and up thru Kananaskis.
Enjoying the KLR fine but may also buy something for a bit more highway power as some friends all have big cruisers, so when with them, I struggle to keep up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I sold my KLR, still on a Kaw, this time an 09 900 Vulcan. I couldn't keep up with my cruiser buddies either. still miss the KLR though

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
I live in LacLaBiche AB 250 kilometers northeast of Edmonton.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Whoops! I thought I had posted in the Alberta riders thread... Live in Redwater and work in the Fort. Blue 08 (my escape pod!) :animal0019:

·
Registered
3 Posts
New KLR rider in Edmonton Area

Having just acquired a 2002 for almost nothing, got around to the Dohickey upgrade last week. Bike has 28k, and the tensioner spring was gone and adjuster busted in half. Pulled the clutch cover off and fished out most of the parts, and the oil pump suction screen caught a pile of small debris. Do your Doohickey!! Can't wait to riding it this year. Question though, whats the average range some of you killer riders get from a full Tank?? Thanks!

P.R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Range question answered - Thanks!

That's great guys, thanks. Almost twice the range of my VTR1000. BTW, started the bike yesterday after the doohickey upgrade; amazing how much better it ran and idled after. Before there was a slight klakety klack, now gone!:desismiley1:

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a 2008 KLR. Just did a ton of mods over the winter on it including the doohickey, 22 cent mod and PCV mod since it is a 08 oil burning version. LOL. I'm located in Wainwright. Anyone else in this area? I do trip to the mountains alot and all over Alberta if anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride sometime.

Cheers. Nick

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
hey Nick, nice day for a drive in Edmonton today. Ever head this way?
Actually it's a nice day for a drive OUT of Edmonton. Riding a bike in Edmonton scares me. Had a few close calls and prefer not to ride in the city although on occasion I do but usually on my Goldwing. I was thinking of heading over to Riverside today to pick up some parts for the Goldwing but ended up slaving over my lawn instead.

Have you ever rode on the Victoria Trail??

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
Hey everyone. I have a 2008 KLR. Just did a ton of mods over the winter on it including the doohickey, 22 cent mod and PCV mod since it is a 08 oil burning version. LOL. I'm located in Wainwright. Anyone else in this area? I do trip to the mountains alot and all over Alberta if anyone is interested in meeting up for a ride sometime.

Cheers. Nick

Cheers back. Haven't been out Wainwright way for a while. There is an interesting rail trestle out that way that I went to once.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts