Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Didn't get any snow here in Calgary either.....until 730 this morning. Now we have what looks like 4-5 inches on the ground and it's still coming! We could get a foot by the time this thing stops. Glad I got a snowblower parked next to my KLR in the garage, gassed up and ready to go.

Funny thing is, they're calling for +14 here next Saturday already. Gotta love them chinooks! :doublethumb:
Well at least you'll have something to drive to work on in the morning!:doublethumb:
Regards....justjeff

·
Registered
28 Posts
We got nothing here either, but I live in the country North East of Lloydminster, on the Sask side. It will be a bit yet before my gravel roads are dry enough to take the bike out. I have the same bike as you Gary, bought mine at Echo cycle about a month ago just before the bike show in Edmonton.

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
Hey Klr4evr, just got back from riding around town, did another 40km today. Roads were wet and muddy but no ice. Maybe we could meet up sometime.

Garry

YA that would be great. Should meet with as many as the local folks that frequent this forum. I'm hoping to put the battery in the bike this week based on the weather forecast for Saturday. Meeting some riding friends in the Fort on Saturday and they'll wet themselves if I show up on my bike.

·
Registered
265 Posts
We got nothing here either, but I live in the country North East of Lloydminster, on the Sask side. It will be a bit yet before my gravel roads are dry enough to take the bike out. I have the same bike as you Gary, bought mine at Echo cycle about a month ago just before the bike show in Edmonton.
Im south west of Lloyde. About an hour to Lloyde. When the weather gets better we should meet up in lloyde or something. Get a group ride going.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
93 Posts
Riding and Fishing

Does anyone want to go riding then do a little fishing this year? Bought a nice small backpack rod and reel with case at the sportsman show last year and need to use it to justify it to the SO... Don't know any hot places around Edmonton here, so need to have someone show me.

Garry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have all the Alberta riders left the forum and moved away? Last post on this is 2013, now let me think...when did the economy here take a downturn...anyway chime in if you still have a pulse if you want.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Have all the Alberta riders left the forum and moved away? Last post on this is 2013, now let me think...when did the economy here take a downturn...anyway chime in if you still have a pulse if you want.
Lol, I still have a pulse, unfortunately no KLR anymore though!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol, I still have a pulse, unfortunately no KLR anymore though!
But your still on this site. I also have an ST1300 and I am on the ST owners forum, which seems very active compared to this one. Perhaps the KLR is a "starter" bike for dual sport before people move up to beamers etc. Oh well I will see if anyone else surfaces. Its a decent bike and I should have good times on it.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
But your still on this site. I also have an ST1300 and I am on the ST owners forum, which seems very active compared to this one. Perhaps the KLR is a "starter" bike for dual sport before people move up to beamers etc. Oh well I will see if anyone else surfaces. Its a decent bike and I should have good times on it.
Yup! They are an awesome bike, you'll have a blast! I didn't move onto anything else though, sold all my bikes due to medical issues. Still like to hang out here though, lots of great folks, plus once you own a KLR they kinda get into your blood. Lol

The site is kind of quiet, it used to be a lot more active but the most prolific posters seem to have moved on or disappeared.

·
Administrator
3,565 Posts
Welcome Ozzy. Too far for me but I'm sure there are some guys in your area to ride with. Lots of great roads around there. Have dome some ATV trails around Ethel Lake. Nice country except for all those oil wells.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ken, and others. I see a few riders here but we sure seem spread apart throughout the provinces or across Alberta. Safe riding everyone! I need to search some posts on here about roads and tires plus gearing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
New to the site new to klr's, new rider in Olds Alberta. Just bought a 2017, don't have allot of riding experience to say. Have owned a few bikes over the years. Just thought I would say hello to the few people that are on this thread.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Calgary KLR owner here. Just bought a 2017 and have it in getting farkled up, including doohickey and thermobob. Hope to have it back in the next day or two.

81 - 100 of 113 Posts