Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first joined up here a gazillion posts ago, I got a lot of help from a lot of people. Most of those people (particularly the mods that were running things when I got on board), I have been able to break bread with. Give em a hug. Tell them how much I appreciate them. They live near me. One man who deserves a hug and a beer lives too far away, however.

Now, there is one man in particular who does a TON of shit for all of us. It boggles the mind to think about it actually. That man is named Dan, like me. You might know him as Paper.

I just wanted to take an opportunity to salute Dan and thank him for everything he has done for klrforum and for me.

Dan, you're a hell of a guy. And you deserve this 'thank you' and much more. I think it could be argued that the forum would not exist in the capacity it does and with the tone of respect we have if it were not for Dan.

In fact, be on the lookout, brother. A token of my appreciation is headed your way.

And to all the mods, new and old, thanks fellas.

the other Dan

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
All Hail Paper! I like the sound of that. It could catch on and become our chant....

I would also like to thank Dan for his vast knowledge and advice on this website. I too have asked many questions and have received some great feedback and direction for him. I second this sentiment.

I would also like to mention that this also goes out to the many others who have responded to my post and have asked the very questions that i was about to ask. Thanks.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
366 Posts
All Hail Paper! I like the sound of that. It could catch on and become our chant....

I would also like to thank Dan for his vast knowledge and advice on this website. I too have asked many questions and have received some great feedback and direction for him. I second this sentiment.

Snakeboy66
Here, here! (Or is it huzzah!?) thanks Paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
HAIL PAPER!

Completely agree. I've only been around a couple of years but Paper has always stood out as a great moderator and great guy. It's nice to see him recognized.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Stop it guys.. I'm here helping because you guys are here.. It's the entire group that makes this forum what it is..

And Dan (LJ) you know we've hit it off like brothers since the beginning. You're one of the reasons I love logging in, and I'd love to be able to hang out with you guys in person.. So skip sending me anything and whatever you were going to do, do me a favor and just donate it to a charity in our names instead..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the cuddly side, but it's too late. ;) The surprise cometh...

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Paper's head is going to be so big his helmet won't fit anymore!

Seriously, I have had the honor of meeting Dan in person a couple times and he is one nice person. Always willing to help and to share some humor. The world is a better place because of You Dan!!! Darn, I think I have a tear welling up....

Of all of the forums that I haunt, this by far my favorite because of the likes of you guys. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for being there!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Stop!
I'm here because you guys are here.. All the users make this place what it is..

Now.. I'm sitting in Jacksonville, FL right now and I've gotten an email that a "package" is being dropped off at the dock at work.. I knew I shoudn't have told Dan where my office is located..

LJ, what did you do?

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll see... :character00271: :)

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Well, I arrived home and went to work to see what had arrived..

One of the first bikes I ever rode was actually purchased by my mother when gas prices went up.. She had plans of riding one of these to work.. She rode it around the yard, screaming, once..

I then put another 4,000 miles on it before moving on to bigger and better things..

What arrived was a semi basket case 197 Honda CB125S.. It looks like the parts are there, and in good shape.. New winter project.. And I LOVED riding the little bike, and still do love riding bikes way too small for me..

So, I'm speechless.. I really don't know what to say, other than THANK YOU Dan.. I'll get it going and can't wait to ride it to the first spring BMW rally. :)

Thank you again,
paper

(and for those who don't know what it looks like, here's a finished product, and what mine should look like in a couple months..

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're very welcome, Paper. You deserve it. You don't have enough bikes, and it's gonna be a snowy winter. :) :) :35a:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I'm not very good at this but here goes. First, my thanks to Paper for keeping this forum a nice and informative place to hang out. Your influence here goes a long way to keeping it such. Thank you.

Second is thanks to the members here. What a great group. I notice sometimes new members bring along some of the attitude learned from the other forums but quickly settle into the laid back pattern here or move along (or get moved along). Not very often, but it happens.

I was asked to be a moderator here a short time ago and honestly there isn't a whole lot to do. I've banned one spammer and done a small amount of clean up work, that's it.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Dang it!! I wrote up a long reply and it's gone.

Anyway, it's not my forum, but our forum.. It's owned by a company that let's us run it the way it was originally designed, as a laid back, fun place to get away from the persecution of a tyrant and be able to politely post without getting banned, and have a place you can read with your daughter or grand daughter sitting on your lap and not worry about what she's reading.

I thank you guys!! Thanks for making a great place to visit for all of us!! Today's users, yesterdays users, today's moderation crew and all the folks that have made it what it is since the beginning!!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright, alright.... ;)

Paper is a helpful and considerate guy, and he has been since day one. The guys behind the scenes sometimes don't get a lot of credit. Paper deserves a ton of credit. I wanted Dan to know that we appreciate him. Seriously, there's not many guys as funny and supportive as Mr. Bacon himself.

So, having the mentality of obnoxious schoolchildren, we thought it would be funny if I said I sent Paper 'something' and then he later posted up a pic of a bike. I didn't really send Dan a bike. But I thought it would be funny since he has like 431 bikes last time I counted. :character00271:

The joke didn't go over quite as planned, sorry guys - I never expected that y'all wouldn't instantly call BS on it. It seemed like a good idea when I thought of it, I swear. :13:

Maybe I should just take a trip out to paint the Helix pink with hello kitty stickers all over it. ;)

Thanks to everyone for showing a good man that you support him. Sorry if the gag was stupid, I didn't think anyone would believe it. Thanks for believing that I would do something so cool. :desismiley1: :character00271:

And all hail Paper!!!

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
Lol! You got us good guys!:D
Sending a bike would be pretty awesome though, and I heard Paper still has a few spare inches of garage space left waiting to be filled... That being said, when I originally read the thread I thought you would be sending him a pocket knife :).

I have the utmost respect for both of you guys so thought anything was possible... Just don't try to sell me any bridges, I'm not that gullible! (Well, maybe I am...) :64a:

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There is this big fancy orange bridge out here....

Lol! You got us good guys!:D
Sending a bike would be pretty awesome though, and I heard Paper still has a few spare inches of garage space left waiting to be filled... That being said, when I originally read the thread I thought you would be sending him a pocket knife :).

I have the utmost respect for both of you guys so thought anything was possible... Just don't try to sell me any bridges, I'm not that gullible! (Well, maybe I am...) :64a:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts