Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
...Can you conveniently summarize the magnitude of the performance improvement of the frontrunner, in comparison to the competition? Let us know who's in second (and lesser) place?
Hell, no. The data is there and, if anyone cares enough to do so, the data can be looked at and conclusions drawn.

"There it is. Take it." ~ William Mulholland

"God helps those who help themselves" ~ Algernon Sidney

"Nie mój cyrk, nie moje malpy." ~ Every Polish Person

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Hell, no. The data is there and, if anyone cares enough to do so, the data can be looked at and conclusions drawn.
Just interested in relative performance; regrets for any offense given, none intended.

May buy some genuine Kawasaki oil today!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just out of curiosity does anyone know who makes and bottles Kawasaki's oil for them?

Not that I have any skin in the game, I've been running Mobil1 10w-40 and 20w-50 Motorcycle oil in all my bikes for years. Now I know I stepped in it big time!

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
Just out of curiosity does anyone know who makes and bottles Kawasaki's oil for them?...
It's Mobil 1. This is a well-guarded secret, of course. It's the cheapest way to get Mobil 1, but you don't get the fancy bottle.

I needed to put oil in my BMW in Minden, NV last week. I bought Chevron 10W-40 and the lady gave me a nice paper funnel to go with it.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
It's Mobil 1. This is a well-guarded secret, of course.
I thought maybe the Kawasaki oil came from the East Indies oil refineries captured by the Japanese during World War II!

-----------------------

I jest. Proving my sincerity, I will document fully my genuine Kawasaki oil purchase, planned for tomorrow.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Genuine, authentic, Kawasaki motor oil purchased today from Angel, general manager of Motorcycle Factory Incorporated, Kawasaki dealer in Woodbridge, VA:

(A brief delay while image is retrieved from SmugMug; camera lens spotted with raindrops from a severe shower I rode through while accomplishing this mission.)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Genuine, authentic, Kawasaki motor oil purchased today from Angel, general manager of Motorcycle Factory Incorporated, Kawasaki dealer in Woodbridge, VA:

(A brief delay while image is retrieved from SmugMug; camera lens spotted with raindrops from a severe shower I rode through while accomplishing this mission.)

Did you save & send a sample of your old dirty oil to compare to a sample of the new flavor of oil, after 3000 - 5000 miles from now?

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Did you save & send a sample of your old dirty oil to compare to a sample of the new flavor of oil, after 3000 - 5000 miles from now?
Since I have no baseline from previous oil sample tests, one analysis only would be of little value, seems to me. Would you (or anyone else) be willing to run a crankcase of Motorex or Motul, usual mileage and service spectrum, for comparison with your existing analyses?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It's Mobil 1. This is a well-guarded secret, of course. It's the cheapest way to get Mobil 1, but you don't get the fancy bottle.

I needed to put oil in my BMW in Minden, NV last week. I bought Chevron 10W-40 and the lady gave me a nice paper funnel to go with it.
Interestingly, I found Safety Data Sheets for Kawasaki Motor Oil dating back to 2014, with the most current dated January of 2019 and they were all from Citgo.

That indicates to me that Citgo blends and packages motor oils for Kawasaki.

In the end, it really does not matter. I'm sure Kawasaki provides their "recipe" to the lowest bidder to have their oil blended and packaged to their specifications.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Interestingly, I found Safety Data Sheets for Kawasaki Motor Oil dating back to 2014, with the most current dated January of 2019 and they were all from Citgo.

That indicates to me that Citgo blends and packages motor oils for Kawasaki.

In the end, it really does not matter. I'm sure Kawasaki provides their "recipe" to the lowest bidder to have their oil blended and packaged to their specifications.
Plausible, R/L!

A small oil refinery once operated near my home town; we saw tanker trucks of virtually every different brand of gasoline fill up there and drive away. Although some suggested fraudulent branding, an explanation suggested each gasoline was refined to each gasoline company's specifications, although each was distilled and blended at the same refinery and flowed serially through the same plumbing.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts