Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know anything about procycle wether they are cool or not this isnt an endorsement just a qustion cause my 03 carb is getting on my nerves and im tired of the education she is giving me on how to remove a carb from a KLR. Which isnt that hard once you watch the vids on how to do it. :(

Anyway, whats the knowledge on this carb conversion and procycle, seeing im taking my carb out again anyways...

Does anyone with a good rep recomend or sell this stuff i dont know.

I;ll bet i;ll find out by asking here...

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
I think carb replacements on a stock or mildly modified KLR are a waste of time and money (spend it on suspension where it makes a real difference!). Once set up and when stored properly the CVK should be problem free and has the benefit of being largely self-adjusting for altitude.

From KLRChris' site:
The KLR650’s 40mm KeiHin CV carburetor is very reliable and is more than sufficient to cater to most of the the KLR’s performance requirements. The carburetor by itself can support 327 CFM. It is the restrictiveness of air box that prevents full performance support.

The KLR in standard or in mild modified form does not benefit with performance carburetors such as the 40 mm Mikuni TM40-6 smooth bore or the KeiHin FCR. It is true that these carburetors can support a higher flow rate but since the the KLR cylinder head can only support 327 the higher flow performance carbs will have no additional advantage over the 40 mm CV carb.

Some feel that the accelerator pumps on theses carburetors will increase throttle response. We feel that the 40 mm CV carburetor with supporting modifications and correctly setup will be just as responsive.

2 cents,
Dave

·
Registered
71 Posts
What Dave said.
Plus the fact that you will spend a huge amount of time trying to get an aftermarket carb to work as good as the stock carb.

·
Registered
39 Posts
if you were local, i'd let you ride mine or even swap my carb onto your bike to see how well a stock'ish (klx needle) carb can work.

hate to say it but, you're probably still missing something wrong with yours.

what are the symptoms?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you were local, i'd let you ride mine or even swap my carb onto your bike to see how well a stock'ish (klx needle) carb can work.

hate to say it but, you're probably still missing something wrong with yours.

what are the symptoms?
Actually after the last work its run ok, for a klr, nothing major, just the night before i had surgery i came home leaking gas, im assuming the obvious, just havnt been up to taking the carb off while in a wheelchair and not supposed to lift anything over a feather, this carb has been through hell. Im sure its something stupid, ill let ya know, i just happned to see thast carb kit and you know how we are...lol Thanks for the replies im sure y;ll sick of giving them i really should have known better tbh.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out my new tyres, 145psi rears! Went with Gold on the billet casters this time just for the bling of it all, farcles arnt just for motorcycles!

I ordered some carb parts from Eagle Mike, that should bring good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts