Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and greetings from New Mexico. Just picked up my first KLR yesterday, been wanting one for several years. Got a 1990 Tengai with 16K miles. Nees a couple of platics pieces, belly pan and rear covers but other than that, is a great looking bike.
Also have a 1997 Gold Wing 1500. Wife rides a 2003 Suzuki Volusia.
Looking forward to some dual sport riding with CMA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Scrapper, Thanks for the response. Meeting in T or C sometime sounds like a great time. Lets keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
!

Hello and greetings from New Mexico. Just picked up my first KLR yesterday, been wanting one for several years. Got a 1990 Tengai with 16K miles. Nees a couple of platics pieces, belly pan and rear covers but other than that, is a great looking bike.
Also have a 1997 Gold Wing 1500. Wife rides a 2003 Suzuki Volusia.
Looking forward to some dual sport riding with CMA
Welcome to the forum, jspicher. Nice find! I've always liked the Tengais. I hope it's not too hard for you to find the pieces you need for it.

I knew a guy back in the mid-90's who used to own one and he rigged up a heated vest for it and would ride it 60 miles round-trip to work when it was 5 degrees out. He also owned 2 other street bikes.

At that time, I'd never seen anybody so dedicated to riding the same type of bike I owned (a 650 Honda) and not only making modifications in order to do so in extreme weather, but choosing that bike over his others for commuting.

He was an excellent rider and whenever I'd off-road with him, I'd always be trying to catch up with him and that Tengai.

Why do I bore you with these facts, you may ask?

When I chose another dualsport motorcycle after a short hiatus from riding, that guy and his Tengai inspired me to choose the KLR, so I admire your acquisition of the '90 Tengai. Enjoy it!

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
my cold record was -9 air temp, went about 45 miles. no heated gear. wind was blowing about 30 mph on top of how fast i was going, who knows how cold it was..-50+? it sucked. record heat was 124f.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts