Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the 22 cent mod on my klr. I back out the screw to about 2 turns and it ran good. thought i should turn it out another quarter turn then it started to pop out the exhaust in the morning when turning on the choke. my question is will the klr pop like that if its getting too much fuel?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Any engine will but usually needs fresh air to ignite the UN-burned fuel (exhaust leak), however a very poor running engine will not burn all the O2 and that can be a source.

Gordon

·
Registered
6,635 Posts
Any engine will but usually needs fresh air to ignite the UN-burned fuel (exhaust leak), however a very poor running engine will not burn all the O2 and that can be a source.

Gordon
Gordon,
You forget that the 2008 and up have AIS! "Air Induction System" plumbed into the Exhaust port! To purposely Burn the un-burnt fuel escaping from the engine in the Exhaust pipe on trailing throttle Before it escapes out the Muffler!

Therefore, some 'pop, pop , pop' out the tail pipe IS to be expected! Loud, aftermarket exhaust just 'enhance' the after-burner Noise!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts