Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New guy, lookin at bikes. Very much considering the KLR 650, probably like a 2003 - 2006 for around $2500.

Had an old Honda XL185 a few yrs ago. Several street bikes before that. Been into ATVs briefly, rode an Arctic Cat 650V2. Now I have a pumped up golf cart with ATV suspension under it. But the bike bug has bitten again. Ran into an old Honda Nighthawk on Craigslist recently & had to go check it out. It felt like "big guy, tiny bike". I'm only about 6'1" & 225 but the Nighthawk wasn't gonna do it for me. Plus I wanted to be able to do some boonyin around off road occasionally.

So I'm just here doin my homework before I bite into one. Then who knows.... pretty rare that I can leave anything alone for long.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Welcome, check out some of the info. Already written by the guys who know the KLR. like the FAQ page,etc. Great bunch of folks here on this friendly,informative forum. BTW i know you are on the other side of the state, but check out Lock Jaws request for help, as you may know someone who lives north of Seattle!

Thanks & Welcome!!!!!

Mark

·
Registered
482 Posts
You'll grow hair on your palms riding that damn motocycle too much

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts