Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just given two unopened bottles of 10W 60 cross power fully synthetic 4T motorex oil. I am wondering if this would be OK to use in the KLR? Just coming in to summer here so will be riding in the mid 30’s for the next few months. Container states great high temperature and shear stability so I can’t see why it wouldn’t be OK. At $35 a litre I would like to make use of it. Any reason why I shouldn’t use it.
Liquid Product Tin Fluid Automotive tire

·
Registered
2022 Kawasaki KLR650
73 Posts
it is so so oil. save your money and wait till Supercheap Auto have sales on oil every odd week. Buy some Penrite or Nulon JASO oil. no issue with them, can pick up a 4lt drum for around the $40 mark for semi synthetic.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'd say use them and just top of with some cheaper 20w-50 oil. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Use caution mixing oils. While it's more of an issue with the 2 cycle oils, it can be an issue here too. The base oils MAY vary well be the same or similar. The additive package each company uses WILL often differ. If they do, they may not play well together. This can lead to an issue involving the end mixture of the two oils and their ability to perform the task at hand. PROCEED WITH CAUTION!!! ;)

Willie

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had a couple of KTM's. Motorex is KTM oil pretty much. It's really good oil but is crazy expensive.

One of the benefits of KLR ownership is your KLR is not finicky about what oil you run. I am enjoying oil changes at half the price tag of changing the oil on my 790 Duke.

5 quarts of Mobil 1 15w50 at Wally's World for $27. Sweet deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts