Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lots of interesting discussion on the mechanical details of the "new" KLR. So, I'm curious who is actually interested in making a purchase or has actually put a deposit on one and why.

·
Administrator
3,927 Posts
I’m interested in looking at it but doubt a purchase is in the cards. I don’t see a need to put a deposit on one either. Don’t expect to see people lined up to buy when they finally get to the dealership.

·
Registered
323 Posts
love all the updates, many were long past due. interested in seeing if they actually fixed the doohickey and if so how and will the fix work for older models.

a 6th gear doesn't matter to me, my KLRs were never intended for long highway hauls.

TBH though i was hoping they would go more DS than ADV but maybe I'm dying breed. luckily there's still the DR or maybe a first gen KLR and do a piston upgrade and rebuild.

·
Registered
6,113 Posts
. interested in seeing if they actually fixed the doohickey and if so how and will the fix work for older models.
Kawasaki features, "New, improved," thicker axles and rear brake rotors; doubt they'd remain silent if they "improved" the doohickey. But, maybe the company is only modest about a, "New, improved," doo. We'll know in maybe a year. But, hey! It IS a 2022 model! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would like to see one. I’ve seen them advertised on cycle trader. Might take a ride next week just for a look see.

·
Registered
2011 KLR
227 Posts
I won't do deposits, but I'm 90% on getting one.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I was looking forward to a versys 650 engine in a KLR frame.

·
Registered
2011 KLR
227 Posts
I was looking forward to a Brazilian super model with natural watermelons, but I had to settle

·
Registered
320 Posts
Kawasaki features, "New, improved," thicker axles and rear brake rotors; doubt they'd remain silent if they "improved" the doohickey. But, maybe the company is only modest about a, "New, improved," doo. We'll know in maybe a year. But, hey! It IS a 2022 model! :)
Curious as to why they felt a need to beef up the axles.. Mine seem to do the job just fine as is.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,435 Posts
Dave P wrote a primer on mistakes to avoid for Gen1 and Gen2 owners. But I’ll bet that almost everything applies to Gen3 too. You should review that here:

1 - 20 of 81 Posts