Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently moved back to illinois from a bit of wandering around Arizona and South Carolina. Looking to see if there are any members that live up here. Looking to meet some new riding buddys, do some exploring or find some local dirt, maybe even host a tech day or something. Let me know if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm in the western suburbs. I haven't found much in the way of trails for me to try learn on here in Illinois though....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
there is so much good dirt out there to ride on. just plan on riding away from the city is all. you guys are all close enough check out the trans wisconsin adventure trail(twat) starts in dubuque area and goes somewhere up near superior. would be a great one to do.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some of the guys I work with are planning on riding the twat at the end of this summer. It should be a fun time. The guys who run a guided tour of the route are coming to my work on Saturday for a presentation.

If the weather ever breaks freezing up here some of us klr guys should go grab dinner one night and take a little ride.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in villa park btw.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'm in Spring Grove. There is some riding at Bong and I also ride the Cheese Country trail about once per month throughout Spring through Fall. There are also a number of gravel roads in Wisconsin. I haven't found any good riding in Northern Illinois.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in Chicago. Would definitely be interested in attending a tech day. Rode the TWAT solo last year and had a blast. Considering repeating this season if winter ever ends.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome back. I'm laid up with a busted ankle so hopefully I'll be back riding mid to late June. There's a new guy nearby on .net by the name of pistolpete686. Look him up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi All:

New owner of a 2001 KLR650. I'm up here in Lake Villa Illinios. Maybe we should start a KLR650 Meet Up Group for Northern Illinios/Southern Wisconsin??

Thoughts?

Curtis

·
Registered
120 Posts
There is a fantastic meetup group in Illinois called CDSR (chicago dual sport riders). Of course, there are members from all over. Everyone I've met in the group has been awesome. A handful of guys have KLR's but they do a lot of dual sport events and a lot of different bikes show up. Good people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a fantastic meetup group in Illinois called CDSR (chicago dual sport riders). Of course, there are members from all over. Everyone I've met in the group has been awesome. A handful of guys have KLR's but they do a lot of dual sport events and a lot of different bikes show up. Good people.
Of which I am a member! ;) Probably a good idea to not have a dedicated KLR group, otherwise others won't be able to see our bikes and become enlightened! :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for posting about this group. Joined yesterday and registered for my first meetup! Really appreciate the information.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm 3 hours from Chicago

1 - 17 of 17 Posts