Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new pair of gloves that will help reduce the tingling/vibrating feeling in my hands AFTER I ride. I am not really concerned with gloves that keep my hands warm, nor do I need anything leather or waterproof. I want something breathable, and something that will kill that tingling feeling in my hands that I experience for about 20-30 min after I ride. Any ideas?
Rick

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I use Olympia Gel Palm gloves. My second season on them and wearing great.
Another idea, don't grip the bars so hard, you might not even realize your doing it. I have learned to lay the fingers of my left hand up on the clutch lever and my right fingers loosely on the throttle and two fingers on the brake lever. I do use a cramp buster on the throttle. Couldn't do without it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I use Mechanixwear padded palm gloves. They work great. I also use a throttle paddle. I don't put alot of pressure on the grips so that mite a differrence also. Let us know what you end up doing.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another idea, don't grip the bars so hard, you might not even realize your doing it. I have learned to lay the fingers of my left hand up on the clutch lever and my right fingers loosely on the throttle and two fingers on the brake lever. I do use a cramp buster on the throttle. Couldn't do without it.
I use a cheep pair of cowhide gloves I think I got at the Wal-Mart. They seem to work. There comfortable, hands do not sweat, and provide a little warmth.

Try DXLRs idea. I did notice myself over gripping and loosing circulation to my finger tips.

Also,,, DXKLR,,, I think I’ve seen “cramp busters” on other bikes, but never a DS. Can you confirm what these are?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wear Icon's Tarmac 2.0. They fit very well, are cool, and take the shock out of my hands. But I think gloves are kind of like finding a good pair of boots, no one pair will fit one person like they fit another.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Not sure cramp buster is the correct terminology, but it is a paddle that mounts to the throttle, that allows you to use the palm of your hand to apply more throttle allowing you to keep your grip loose. It just clips on, and will only turn in one direction to allow you to adjust it to your liking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Cramp buster is just a product name. Several makers market ther version under different names. I have heard them called throttle paddel, throttle stick,and palm paddel. I have one on an 06 KLR. It works great. I do alot of long runs and don't have to grip the throttle very hard. It makes a world of difference.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I use deer skin gloves in the warmer weather and fleece lined in the cool weather..... gloves that are well broken in are much better for riding....

Also use a throttle rocker (paddle), $10 CDN Funds... cheapper than a cruise.

Tight fitting gloves, such as cow hide have a tendency to cramp my throttle hand and synthetics, such a mechanics gloves cause sweating.

Best to try a few things out on your own and see what's the best for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I highly recommend the cramp buster/throttle paddle. It allows great throttle control while allowing you to relax your grip, at least on the right side of the handlebars. Speaking of handlebars, I've heard of some folks filling them with birdshot or BB's. I guess it changes the vibration frequency/wavelength/amplitude and makes the vibration somewhat tolerable. Good luck.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Joe Rocket Ballistic, got them at a site called New Enough. New in the package $11, two years and I love them. check it out mine are red and black.

Go to eBay, search motorcycle gloves, click on a few auctions and check the sellers name, find New Enough and go to the sellers list of items. This is how I got mine and a pair of First Gear winter gloves for my wife for $16!

I don't know how they do it but they are NEW and I love the deals. If you are experienced with eBay you'll wait to bid and get a good deal. Hope this helps you, it works for me, these gloves sell for $49.99 - $60 here. Warm and comfy and being an Alaska rider I know warm and comfy.

Ard

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Good call on NewEnough. I've gotten a lot of stuff from them, and several pairs of gloves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts