Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title reads.

I've attended (2) tech days in Santa Rosa, (1) in Fremont, (1) in some weird small town off of hwy 70 or i-5, (1) in Elk Grove and I believe that is it.

I have some tools, Garage is a mess (work in progress) but I do have a decent seating area in the back yard and a wife who can cook.

I am planning on Selling my KLR so I don't have any work to do to it really, I just want to give back a little to the awesome community that has helped me out at least 5 times,.. 13-17 times if Tomatocity's help counts for anything >:)

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Hmm. I don't really have anything to do either, but I have been having a tech day jones. We're in the process of moving, but I'd come over if I can...

·
Administrator
8,463 Posts
Mike,

I'd be up for it. got a date in mind?

Tom

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I talked with Tim for a second,.. I am thinking the last Saturday of January. How does that work for poeple?

·
Administrator
8,463 Posts
I'm in. Blocked on my calendar.

Tom

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checking in with people. I still want to do this - but I have a long way to go in getting the garage ready. The wife and I bought our first place a couple months ago, so the garage has been a landing pad for just about everything. Trying to get some rhyme and reason to it.

It should be decent enough by mid-Jan! :35a:

·
Administrator
8,463 Posts
I'm pretty sure that I'm good to go. It's on my calendar!

Tom

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome! So what are we doing? lol, I got most tools, no air compressor.. but one may not be needed.

·
Administrator
8,463 Posts
I'm sure we'll round up some guys and do 'stuff'. The only caveat would be if El Nino bites us.

I've just spent 5 days 20 miles deep in the desert where it was wet, cold and windy, but then it changed to windy, cold and wet. After that there was a storm. Got to see water running in the washes for the first time after a squall dumped 3/4" of water in two hours.

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would be interested. Live in Redding and have a bone-stock 2011 with approximately 4500 miles on it. I'm retired from the military and my son just retired from the Navy in December. We are going to take our first extended motorcycle trip this summer in more than 20+ years. He lives in Texas and we are going to meet somewhere in middle America, both on our KLRs. I was just thinking today I should do-the-doohickey and a few other modifications. Was going to order all the pieces this week and / or find someone up here that had perhaps done the doohickey mod. I think I'm competent enough to do the mod myself, but would appreciate the experience of someone whom has done it previously. So....I'd most assuredly be interested and would love to contribute to the hosting cost or exchange experience and guidance for supplies, etc.,

William

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Currently looking at Friday showers and Saturday AM showers. Are people still interested with that forecast, which may change come mid-week?

·
Administrator
8,463 Posts
Unless you call it off, I'm in rain or shine.

Hell, even if you do call it off I'm going for a ride and Sacramento is as good as anyplace to ride to. I'd ride up there just to go to Megami's.

"Aw, c'mon, it's not far! It'll be fun!" Larryboy

Tom

·
Registered
440 Posts
what time does the tech day start?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Just walked in, thanks for hosting the tech day.

Reactions: Lockjaw

·
Administrator
8,463 Posts
Mike,

Thanks for hosting the tech day!

Craig thanks for all your help and have fun grooming those trails. Hope to see your KLR when it's finished.

Until next time,

Tom

Reactions: Lockjaw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mike,

Rick here - I am the one that came late.
I too want to thank you for hosting the tec day.
I learned a lot. Looking forward to seeing you again.

I just joined this forum.

Rick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any interest in another small Tech Day in Sacramento? I want to do my doohickey and would really like an experienced wrencher looking over my shoulder.

Thanks,
David

1 - 20 of 29 Posts