Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi John,

I guess we'll give it a few days to see if anybody else is in. What plans do you have for your bike? Any experience replacing the doohickey?

I guess since I started this I'm obligated to host. I have a two car garage we can work in but being a novice wrencher I don't have a lot for tools except for the basics. Maybe someone else will have a better garage setup.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well John, looks like no interest right now for a Tech Day in Sacramento. I guess I'm on my own to do my Doohickey. Wish me luck...

Until next time,
David

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the next time you meet for a tech day if I am free. I'm new to the forum, new to riding, have an '09 KLR 650 that came with a few modifications but I'd like to make some more changes myself... Looking forward to meeting you all

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi FatCatz,

I'm a novice wrencher so I'm also waiting for a tech day in Sacramento. I haven't had the courage yet to tackle my doohickey on my own. Hoping an experience wrencher will show up one day.

Hothand

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi FatCatz,

I'm a novice wrencher so I'm also waiting for a tech day in Sacramento. I haven't had the courage yet to tackle my doohickey on my own. Hoping an experience wrencher will show up one day.

Hothand
I'm interested but need 3-4wks lead time for work

?I'm available any of the first 3 weekends in October. Anyone want to host? We still need someone with some experience at this!

·
Administrator
8,352 Posts
I'm always up for a trip up Sacramento way.

I have the doohickey tools and could bring them up.

Let me know.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey there. I have a 2016 klr, I can't find anything about the doohicky for those years, but if it's the same as the older models and should be replaced I'd be in for a tech day to tackle it. I love my bike, but want it as bullet proof as possible. I'm in Fresno, so it wouldn't be to far of a ride or trailer. I don't know what specialty tools we would need to do the doohicky, but I've got quite a few tools from my ventures with my 4x4.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts