Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a line on a '00 V92SC with only 1300 miles on it for $5800.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't know alot about Victory motorcycles, but the one thing I know for sure is that the earlier bikes were not near as good as the newer ones. The last 2 or 3 years Victory has made some really nice bikes. People have had some complaints about the V92 engine on the older models. Again the newer engines are said to be much better. Couldn't say for sure if $5800 is a deal or not. If it were me though I'd have to pass.

·
Registered
425 Posts
cowinkiedink - I just rode a victory vegas yesterday, of course different realm of the bike world, but none the less it was a sweet ride.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've yet to read of a complaint about the motor in general. It's the "clunk" of shifting the gears that is the main complaint. I think I'm gonna buy it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a side note...I've also got a line on a '05 VTX1300 with 6100 miles for $7000...deal or no deal?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Rainier_Tom said:
I've yet to read of a complaint about the motor in general. It's the "clunk" of shifting the gears that is the main complaint. I think I'm gonna buy it.
What I heard on the engine was even for a Vtwin it's not very smooth. Kind of runs a little rough. I haven't had one. Thats just the stuff I've heard. If you get it post some pics. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Rainier_Tom said:
I've got a line on a '00 V92SC with only 1300 miles on it for $5800.
I always liked the SC (Sport Cruiser) I almost bought one when I was still riding my VX800 and wanted a bigger bike.

A buddy of mine has had the Touring Cruiser for quite a few years and has had no problems with it. Yes the gearbox is a bit clunky compared to Jap bikes.

The SC was over $11,000 new so $5,800 is not bad, but I do know the older Victories are not great on resale value, maybe you can deal for less.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Rainier_Tom said:
As a side note...I've also got a line on a '05 VTX1300 with 6100 miles for $7000...deal or no deal?
As the owner of a VTX1800 it's sad to say, but the VTX line does not hold value very well. I guess too many made and sold.

Kelly blue shows "High Retail" (what you could expect your local stealer to sell it for) at $6900.

If it's a private party selling, I wouldn't go above $5800 myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
West said:
Rainier_Tom said:
As the owner of a VTX1800 it's sad to say, but the VTX line does not hold value very well. I guess too many made and sold.

Kelly blue shows "High Retail" (what you could expect your local stealer to sell it for) at $6900.

If it's a private party selling, I wouldn't go above $5800 myself.
I was going to tell Tom that but he'll do what he wants anyway. You can get a new VTX1300 for $7000 around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts