Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
No, just refuse from other sites looking for more drama. :twisted:

This is cool, only one post and I have one of the highest post counts already.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Biker Scout, now my post count is twice as many as yours.

Can I get rep points for that?

I'm just poking fun.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Dad-nabbit, this keeping up with the Jones stuff is wearing thin.

I think I am going to start a new thread.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow, talk about server overload. The posts have almost doubled in one day! :shock:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some guy (klr650) owns this site and several others. There's a post in here that states he just hasn't had the time to promote this forum yet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey, good time to start an election for moderators. I'm near Chicago so I get to vote twice. It's the law.

My credentials.

I own a KLR650
I am a lunatic, but in a kinder, gentler way.
I smoked weed once but I didn't inhale (thanks Willy!)
I can spel reel good.

Vote for me.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I registered earlier! :p I can admin... because I have the ability to be on here 12+hours a day! (What's work anyway?)

Why do we need moderators already?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Biker Scout said:
I registered earlier! :p I can admin... because I have the ability to be on here 12+hours a day! (What's work anyway?)

Why do we need moderators already?
A moderator is like a carburetor. The difference is they atomize words to make them a combustible mixture.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Re: hey

larryboy said:
skiphunt said:
Hey ya'll.... "heeeeee's baaaaack"

:shock:
hiya,skip!! how've you been?
Oh you know.. the usual. ;-)

Been battling computer hardware problems for the last week, but I think I've got eveything up to snuff now. Dang, when computers go on the fritz doesn't it always seem like it happens to multiple components?

Just got the G5 back up and a new monitor that got fried from the spike (thought I had surge protectors, but they turned out to be just glorified power strips DOH!)

Now, my Powerbook is barely limping along.

Luckily, the strom is running just fine (reaches over and knocks on wood)

·
Registered
990 Posts

skiphunt said:
larryboy said:
skiphunt said:

Been battling computer hardware problems for the last week, but I think I've got eveything up to snuff now. Dang, when computers go on the fritz doesn't it always seem like it happens to multiple components?

Just got the G5 back up and a new monitor that got fried from the spike (thought I had surge protectors, but they turned out to be just glorified power strips DOH!)

G5? nice. i really wanted one,but couldn't justify the $$ if it wasn't making me $$.

glad the strom is working out for you. catneck from the other place converted to a strom 650 from the klr. he's liking it too,he just got back from death valley.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You should realize that a majority of the folks don't visit the arguments section, and will never see the link I posted about this site.

·
Registered
71 Posts

larryboy said:
skiphunt said:
larryboy said:
skiphunt said:

G5? nice. i really wanted one,but couldn't justify the $$ if it wasn't making me $$.

glad the strom is working out for you. catneck from the other place converted to a strom 650 from the klr. he's liking it too,he just got back from death valley.

Well, I do some video editing and motion graphics from time to time.. so having faster machines improves my take home on jobs.

Yeah, at the moment.. the strom is just perfect for a non-wrencher like myself. Even though I'm not fond of Kawasaki's warranty service, I have to admit that new Connie looks pretty sweet. Not sure what to think about the new KLR though. Seems like after so many years, the upgrades would have been more radical. But, from a business standpoint they probably have to walk a fine line in keeping that loyal following they've developed... so they probably had to keep it pretty close to the original, without creating and entirely different bike.

Personally, I'd really like to see an affordable DS in the 800cc variety with at least 2 cylinders. Now that I'd have to take a serious look at.

Gotta run and reroute all my stuff to the new heavy-duty surge protector I just bought before I fry everything again.

Catcha later!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Biker Scout said:
You should realize that a majority of the folks don't visit the arguments section, and will never see the link I posted about this site.
and that's why i pm'd a bunch of peeps...before i get banned for good over there.

1 - 20 of 144 Posts