Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in St. George, Utah and Im looking to find like-minded individuals to ride with that can teach me a thing or two about my trusty "pig" ! I've heard a ton of info. about them I've owned other dirtbikes in the past but never a KLR and I'm looking forward to riding and meeting some RAD guys & gals. I'm down to earth, like long walks on the beach, 40's & 70's music young guy with an old heart figuratively speaking, and prefer a Diet Coke over anything that could alter my internal organs :p "Lets Ride" !!!:tent6:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Riding in UT

Check out EveRide on You Tube. I forget the fellow's name that hosts the site but he is a very nice guy who lives in St George and has done a lot of riding on KLR's. I think if you get in touch with him, he can get you with a like minded group of riders. Good luck
Mikey

·
Registered
14 Posts
Saw your post and was wondering if you are still out there. I live in Mesquite, NV. I am currently making the switch from two bikes, a Honda Goldwing and Yamaha TW200 to one bike, a KLR as I find I like riding the dirt bike more than the street bike, but the TW200 can't handle the freeway. I'm an old guy with a young heart, prefer diet pepsi to diet coke, but will drink it! I work in Beaver Dam, AZ and the avatar photo was taken by the Virgin River Gorge on my lunch break. Take care, Mike Z

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw your post and was wondering if you are still out there. I live in Mesquite, NV. I am currently making the switch from two bikes, a Honda Goldwing and Yamaha TW200 to one bike, a KLR as I find I like riding the dirt bike more than the street bike, but the TW200 can't handle the freeway. I'm an old guy with a young heart, prefer diet pepsi to diet coke, but will drink it! I work in Beaver Dam, AZ and the avatar photo was taken by the Virgin River Gorge on my lunch break. Take care, Mike Z
Thank you for the reply, I live in st. George. My buddy rides a tw200 and that's his problem he can't ride on the interstate. I got my klr only for fire road riding, and interstate I ride it average 200-400 miles on a tank and its sturdy.

My uncle rides a GS800 BMW.
I know #everide <-- YouTube personality in st. George

I tend to ride in the mountains during the summer since it's a 100+ degrees.

The winter I ride everywhere. My klr spends time in the garage as I haven't ridden her in 2 months due to the temp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We moved here from Oregon 5 years ago. I pretty much rode the goldwing year round. I find here that I don't ride much in the summer months. I rode to work last week all week. It's only 14 miles and I can take old highway 91 from Littlefield to Mesquite. I have a liquid cooling vest and soak my pants down, but still completely dry by the time I reach home. I am a teacher, so we take off during most of the summer to avoid the heat, but school started last week.Hopefully got someone picking the TW up tonight, then purchase a used KLR. take care and keep in touch

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Riding in UT

Check out EveRide on You Tube. I forget the fellow's name that hosts the site but he is a very nice guy who lives in St George and has done a lot of riding on KLR's. I think if you get in touch with him, he can get you with a like minded group of riders. Good luck
Mikey
Im really good friends with Tyler the guy on #everide he's cool !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We moved here from Oregon 5 years ago. I pretty much rode the goldwing year round. I find here that I don't ride much in the summer months. I rode to work last week all week. It's only 14 miles and I can take old highway 91 from Littlefield to Mesquite. I have a liquid cooling vest and soak my pants down, but still completely dry by the time I reach home. I am a teacher, so we take off during most of the summer to avoid the heat, but school started last week.Hopefully got someone picking the TW up tonight, then purchase a used KLR. take care and keep in touch
I can help you find a good used KLR. They are a very durable bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2016 Kawasaki KLR <---- I found this one for $2800 in North Las Vegas, a 2016 is hard to come by. Its worth the repairs if it needs any.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
....... I am currently making the switch from two bikes, a Honda Goldwing and Yamaha TW200 ......
WOW. Walking out to the garage and having to choose between a TW and a Wing! Tell me the Wings a 1800.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts