Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm anxiously awaiting the first week of August when I'm headed out to Colorado from Missouri. Taking Highway 36 across Kansas to Denver, stop a couple of days there then on off to Estes Park and over Trail Ridge Road, venturing on to Steamboat Springs and back to overnight at Kremmling then hitting some of the high mining towns like Georgetown, Leadville, Victor and Cripple Creek before spending a few days with family in a cabin at Mueller State Park near Divide before heading home. I was going to ride on out to Utah but I'll be staying in Colorado.

Where are you headed this Summer?

·
Administrator
8,300 Posts
Tour de Volcano, probably. Headed north and visiting Lassen, Shasta, Hood, St. Helens, Ranier.

Either that or just going up to NorCal to fish and drink beer.

Reactions: mwt1974

·
Premium Member
5,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tour de Volcano, probably. Headed north and visiting Lassen, Shasta, Hood, St. Helens, Ranier.

Either that or just going up to NorCal to fish and drink beer.
Sounds like a damned good plan to me. Either one..........

Mr. Rainier can sometimes cast a shadow on the clouds at sunrise if conditions are just right. I always found that sight quite awe-inspiring. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else but would assume the other large volcanic peaks would produce the same effect.

They say you become nostalgic when you get old and they're right. I long for the days I could buy a cardboard box case of 24 Rainier longnecks at the post Shopette for $4.50.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Should also have noted, interested in motorcycle trips, not car trips.........
Well there goes my opportunity to reply.

·
Administrator
8,300 Posts
Well, plans change. Going up to Convict Lake for a couple of days and then up to Lake Shasta for a few more days, traveling backroads up Lake Almanor way and Mt Lassen way.

The Tour De Volcanoes will have to wait...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Fifteen days and counting to The Hooch Rally Event in the North Georgia Mountains. June 8-9, Suches, Georgia.

If I have my 1985 KLR600 ready, I'll be taking that. If not I'll be taking my KLX250.

If anyone else is going, I'll be with the rest of the mob at TwoWheelsAtSuches and glad to ride with ya.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well, plans change. Going up to Convict Lake for a couple of days and then up to Lake Shasta for a few more days, traveling backroads up Lake Almanor way and Mt Lassen way.

The Tour De Volcanoes will have to wait...
If you go up that way-I highly recommend forest route 22 from Eagle Lake to Hat Creek (many off shoots as well), it's a great road surface of crushed lava rock and a really fun ride. Of course depending on when you go it could still be covered in snow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts