·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in here AT ALL?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got back from Chicago last night. Does that count? That would be from Illinois wouldn't it :wink:

Seriously, I have been traveling thru the Chicago area and over into Madison, Wisconsin for the last several days on business. I jumped on the web today for a quick KLR fix and ...... I think I'll join you fellas over here if Ya got room for another.

And by the way, I gotta say the area around Madison is very nice. Took the rural route back to Midway airport and it was a very pleasant drive. Only way it could have been better: on a KLR!!!!

DBLTRBLPAPA

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Too bad you couldn't be around for the Slimey Crud Run this Sunday..
Pine Bluff, WI (not as big as Pine Bluff, AR)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paper said:
Sorry I couldn't make it. Maybe next time :) I noticed several references on the other site to guns/shooting. Have you ever checked out Parallax Bill's Curio & Relics forum? Lot of good people and info there.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
DBLTRBLPAPA said:
Paper said:
Sorry I couldn't make it. Maybe next time :) I noticed several references on the other site to guns/shooting. Have you ever checked out Parallax Bill's Curio & Relics forum? Lot of good people and info there.
Please send or post the link!! PLEASE!!

I have a question on importer/manufacture inputting in my bound book..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paper said:
DBLTRBLPAPA said:
Paper said:
Please send or post the link!! PLEASE!!

I have a question on importer/manufacture inputting in my bound book..
Good morning Paper!
This link should get you there.
http://p102.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums
Like I said, lots & lots of knowledge there. Well run sight that stays on topic with an almost zero tolerance policy for profanity, personal attacks, etc. (Hopefully this site will be similar in that regard). One word of caution, the owner and Mods are passionate "collectors" of military surplus and believe strongly in the preservation of historical firearms. Sporterizing is taboo and such discussions are not allowed. For the most part I agree ...... when I don't, I look elswhere. Let me know if the link doesn't work.
DBLTRBLPAPA

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Thank you!!!
I can't look at it at work.. firearm firewall

I'm a "beginning" collector.. I typically buy what I also want to shoot.. I just buy 2 of them.. One for shootin' and one to stick away..

Recent addtions:
Yesterday - a couple CZ 52's
Last week - Enfield 2A Ishy, 91/30 Mosin in laminated, and an unissued SKS
Couple weeks ago - three Turkish Mausers

And I have a couple other SKS's, Mosins, odds and ends that are C & R but not military.

Then there's the whole other group of guns that I've accumulated over the last 30 years..

I really like the Ishapore .308NATO.. I giggle with every shot.. A gun that ugly shouldn't be that fun to shoot.. :lol:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like you are off to a good start Paper. The guys on that forum won't steer you wrong. Be forwarned though, if you hang out there much your wants and desires will get expensive :lol:
The Ishy's are fun and pretty accurate too. I sold mine a couple of years ago to finance the purchase of an Egyptian FN49. In fact, I've liquidated most of my milsurps over the last couple of years for one reason or another. Guess its time to start over again!

DBLTRBLPAPA

·
Registered
425 Posts
Guns, guns, guns.

I just got my AR-50 2 weeks ago, I learned realy quick just how expensive this thing is to shoot. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
klr650 said:
Guns, guns, guns.

I just got my AR-50 2 weeks ago, I learned realy quick just how expensive this thing is to shoot. :lol:
I know I'd really like to see a pictures of it.. Pretty please?? :p

·
Registered
425 Posts
I'll take a few next time I get it out. Have only shot it 20 times, that cost over $80.00 :evil:

I have absolutely no use for it, but I decided to go ahead and get one before the government decided to band sales to civilians. Its coming at some point, just dont know when, but I have one now.

·
Registered
650 Posts
klr650 said:
I decided to go ahead and get one before the government decided to band sales to civilians. Its coming at some point, just dont know when, but I have one now.
I think I like this guy.. :D

and I love guns ! :wink:

·
Registered
425 Posts
I love my guns, my previous favorite was my steyr scout, But I like the big boy now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Love dem Guns

Just thought I'd share my winter project from last year:

1944 German K98 Mauser action mounted in a dual grip thumbhole walnut stock, bedded action, Timney trigger, custom mount and 6.5-24 x 50 scope. The barrelled action is still in original military configuration and can be dropped back into the original laminated stock in minutes.

Still lookin' for a good way to carry it to the range on a KLR???

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is refreshing, in a strange way, that the first official thread hijacking here was done with guns.

Lock & load!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts