Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,230 Posts
Yamaha 900 Tracer GT Quick, quite light for a touring bike, but is also great for week long long distance trips like to Yellowstone.

View attachment 34768
How are the ergonomics? Do you sit straight up similar to the klr? Do you think a yall rider would fit? Asking for a friend... ha. I'm 6'4"
I had many KTM dirtbikes for years to supplement my adventure bike but I'm solo KLR atm.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,230 Posts
I honestly don't know if my '22 KLR is my second or first bike. I also have this:
Untitled by rogue_biker, on Flickr

It's wonderful on the highway. Super smooth. Plenty of power. Great canyon carver. Decent off road. But every time I go for a ride I've been wanting to take the KLR. KLR is WAY BETTER off road. More comfortable too. Feels much lighter because it is. So the VStrom sits. I still like her though. But not sure what to do with it now.
You should probably sell this bike to me for 5k. I'll fly out Friday and ride it home. Heck I'll even throw in a 12 pack of your favorite brew. She's a good looking gal. I'd need a taller seat but I'd make it work.
Wait, is this a 650? Scratch that. I was thinking 1050. Now I see your dilemma.

·
Registered
2022 Pearl Lava Orange
1,230 Posts
I probably posted it somewhere else already but I picked up a used 2018 husqvarna FE501 on August 6th. 80 hours and lots of goodies installed. PO was same height and weight so tall seat concepts and lowered pegs already installed. I've been riding the piss out it, mainly single track up in Northern Wisconsin. PO had a trials tire on the rear which wasn't ideal but i made it work. Deep sand was interesting. 10 days of riding the KLR650 and the 501 was a blast. I'm pooped. KLR was flawless. Jdjetting and cogent suspension equals happiness.
Checked the valves on the Husky today since the PO didn't have a clue they needed to be checked. They were still perfect in the middle range. She's a keeper.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts